Video: Ellen DeGeneres Does Hip-Hop on 'SYTYCD'
While dancer Alex Wong was sidelined from performing due to his foot injury, Ellen DeGeneres stepped in his shoes. During the Thursday, August 12 finale of "So You Think You Can Dance", host Cat Deeley welcomed "dance legend" to the stage to recreate Wong's Hip-Hop dance with tWitch earlier that season.
With Lil Jon and LMFAO's "Outta Your Mind" blaring from the stereo, the 52-year-old made the crowd wild with her precise yet comical moves. Rumor has it, she has practiced the routine for nearly a month. During her thank you speech, DeGeneres gave a shout out to choreographer duo, Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo.
"I had so much fun and it broke my heart when I saw the injury, and as a joke I said it would be fun to do and it became a reality," said Ellen after her performance. "This is so fun, I hope this is an inspiration, everybody, National Dance Day was for me. It doesn't matter if you have ever had a dance class in your life, which I haven't, maybe you couldn't tell. But everybody should do this, it is so much fun."
That night, Lauren Froderman was announced as the seventh season winner.
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC