Video: Ellen DeGeneres Does Hip-Hop on 'SYTYCD'
While dancer Alex Wong was sidelined from performing due to his foot injury, Ellen DeGeneres stepped in his shoes. During the Thursday, August 12 finale of "So You Think You Can Dance", host Cat Deeley welcomed "dance legend" to the stage to recreate Wong's Hip-Hop dance with tWitch earlier that season.
With Lil Jon and LMFAO's "Outta Your Mind" blaring from the stereo, the 52-year-old made the crowd wild with her precise yet comical moves. Rumor has it, she has practiced the routine for nearly a month. During her thank you speech, DeGeneres gave a shout out to choreographer duo, Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo.
"I had so much fun and it broke my heart when I saw the injury, and as a joke I said it would be fun to do and it became a reality," said Ellen after her performance. "This is so fun, I hope this is an inspiration, everybody, National Dance Day was for me. It doesn't matter if you have ever had a dance class in your life, which I haven't, maybe you couldn't tell. But everybody should do this, it is so much fun."
That night, Lauren Froderman was announced as the seventh season winner.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance