Video: Ellen DeGeneres Does Hip-Hop on 'SYTYCD'
While dancer Alex Wong was sidelined from performing due to his foot injury, Ellen DeGeneres stepped in his shoes. During the Thursday, August 12 finale of "So You Think You Can Dance", host Cat Deeley welcomed "dance legend" to the stage to recreate Wong's Hip-Hop dance with tWitch earlier that season.
With Lil Jon and LMFAO's "Outta Your Mind" blaring from the stereo, the 52-year-old made the crowd wild with her precise yet comical moves. Rumor has it, she has practiced the routine for nearly a month. During her thank you speech, DeGeneres gave a shout out to choreographer duo, Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo.
"I had so much fun and it broke my heart when I saw the injury, and as a joke I said it would be fun to do and it became a reality," said Ellen after her performance. "This is so fun, I hope this is an inspiration, everybody, National Dance Day was for me. It doesn't matter if you have ever had a dance class in your life, which I haven't, maybe you couldn't tell. But everybody should do this, it is so much fun."
That night, Lauren Froderman was announced as the seventh season winner.
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab