Video: Ellen DeGeneres Does Hip-Hop on 'SYTYCD'
While dancer Alex Wong was sidelined from performing due to his foot injury, Ellen DeGeneres stepped in his shoes. During the Thursday, August 12 finale of "So You Think You Can Dance", host Cat Deeley welcomed "dance legend" to the stage to recreate Wong's Hip-Hop dance with tWitch earlier that season.
With Lil Jon and LMFAO's "Outta Your Mind" blaring from the stereo, the 52-year-old made the crowd wild with her precise yet comical moves. Rumor has it, she has practiced the routine for nearly a month. During her thank you speech, DeGeneres gave a shout out to choreographer duo, Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo.
"I had so much fun and it broke my heart when I saw the injury, and as a joke I said it would be fun to do and it became a reality," said Ellen after her performance. "This is so fun, I hope this is an inspiration, everybody, National Dance Day was for me. It doesn't matter if you have ever had a dance class in your life, which I haven't, maybe you couldn't tell. But everybody should do this, it is so much fun."
That night, Lauren Froderman was announced as the seventh season winner.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit