Video Premiere: M.I.A.'s 'XXXO'
After sparking controversy with a bloody violent music video of "Born Free", M.I.A. now shows off her softer side in a music video for single "XXXO". Putting on make-up, including applying thick red lipstick, the Sri Lankan-born artist goes glam as a cover model of a digital greeting card with glittery graphic of hearts and flowers on its frame.
The iconic YouTube screenshots which are used to promote "/\/\/\Y/\", the new album where "XXXO" appears, are also featured in it. Although the video seems to be much tamer, the outspoken singer who previously showed her support for Sri Lankan separatist organization Tamil Tigers in her claim-fame single "Paper Planes" still includes her political references by putting Tigers among her animal cameos.
M.I.A. works with Hype Williams to get the clip done. "I had to reshoot the video on a Flip, so I'm gonna edit in some Hype Williams footage and some Flip footage, and you guys can check out the video really soon," M.I.A. explained about the video shoot in a radio interview last month. "I've been sort of animating and sh*t and stuff."
M.I.A.'s "XXXO" music video
More M.I.A. News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival