Video Premiere: M.I.A.'s 'XXXO'
After sparking controversy with a bloody violent music video of "Born Free", M.I.A. now shows off her softer side in a music video for single "XXXO". Putting on make-up, including applying thick red lipstick, the Sri Lankan-born artist goes glam as a cover model of a digital greeting card with glittery graphic of hearts and flowers on its frame.
The iconic YouTube screenshots which are used to promote "/\/\/\Y/\", the new album where "XXXO" appears, are also featured in it. Although the video seems to be much tamer, the outspoken singer who previously showed her support for Sri Lankan separatist organization Tamil Tigers in her claim-fame single "Paper Planes" still includes her political references by putting Tigers among her animal cameos.
M.I.A. works with Hype Williams to get the clip done. "I had to reshoot the video on a Flip, so I'm gonna edit in some Hype Williams footage and some Flip footage, and you guys can check out the video really soon," M.I.A. explained about the video shoot in a radio interview last month. "I've been sort of animating and sh*t and stuff."
M.I.A.'s "XXXO" music video
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media