Video Premiere: M.I.A.'s 'XXXO'
After sparking controversy with a bloody violent music video of "Born Free", M.I.A. now shows off her softer side in a music video for single "XXXO". Putting on make-up, including applying thick red lipstick, the Sri Lankan-born artist goes glam as a cover model of a digital greeting card with glittery graphic of hearts and flowers on its frame.
The iconic YouTube screenshots which are used to promote "/\/\/\Y/\", the new album where "XXXO" appears, are also featured in it. Although the video seems to be much tamer, the outspoken singer who previously showed her support for Sri Lankan separatist organization Tamil Tigers in her claim-fame single "Paper Planes" still includes her political references by putting Tigers among her animal cameos.
M.I.A. works with Hype Williams to get the clip done. "I had to reshoot the video on a Flip, so I'm gonna edit in some Hype Williams footage and some Flip footage, and you guys can check out the video really soon," M.I.A. explained about the video shoot in a radio interview last month. "I've been sort of animating and sh*t and stuff."
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'