Britney Spears to Appear in Person on 'Glee'
Unlike Lady GaGa and Madonna who appeared on "Glee" only in spirit and their music, Britney Spears would come in person. Creator of the series Ryan Murphy said in a radio interview with Ryan Seacrest that Spears is locked as a guest star although he is not sure yet how she would be portrayed in the episode.
"I will give you a little scoop," Murphy said. "...Britney will 100% be on the episode, which is exciting. She's going to come and join us and do a couple scenes." When asked whether she would be herself or a character, Murphy said, "I don't know yet. The fun thing about the way we're doing [the episode] is all the Britney Spears numbers are fantasies."
Murphy also took the chance to debunk the story that Matthew Morrison would go bald in the episode. "That is false and I'm happy to talk about that," he responded. "We are doing a Britney episode and people do have certain expectations because the show is sarcastic. But the Britney episode is so reverential about her, and it's so kind and it's about her music. It's not about her personal life."
"And I think Britney Spears is essential to pop culture, and I want to say thank you for what you've done, and we're encouraging you to continue to be doing as fantastic as you do. So that's not true. We're handling Britney with kid gloves." The full interview with Ryan Murphy who also talked about his latest film project "Eat, Pray, Love" can be heard here.
This would be Spears' second foray into television series after she guest starred on "How I Met Your Mother" as Stella's receptionist Abby who has an obsession with Barney.
More Glee News
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick