Reese Witherspoon Eying Peggy Lee Role
Reese Witherspoon is apparently craving to portray another real-life musician. After slipping in June Carter's robe in the Oscar-winning biopic of Johnny Cash, "Walk the Line", the actress is in negotiations to depict the life and death of classic singer Peggy Lee.
In fact, according to some reports, it was Witherspoon who worked out the deals from Lee's estate and approached "Legally Blonde" producer Marc Platt. Together with Platt, she persuaded Nora Ephron, who has just emerged from the glory of "Julie & Julia", to write the script and direct it.
There is no date yet for the production start of the untitled Peggy Lee biopic.
Peggy Lee, who died in 2002, consistently exists in the music world for more than seven decades even when she was in wheelchair. She began her singing career in local radios before scoring a place in Benny Goodman's big band and later became an actress. Throughout her life she has won three Grammy Awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, and earned an Academy Award nomination.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour