Reese Witherspoon Eying Peggy Lee Role
Reese Witherspoon is apparently craving to portray another real-life musician. After slipping in June Carter's robe in the Oscar-winning biopic of Johnny Cash, "Walk the Line", the actress is in negotiations to depict the life and death of classic singer Peggy Lee.
In fact, according to some reports, it was Witherspoon who worked out the deals from Lee's estate and approached "Legally Blonde" producer Marc Platt. Together with Platt, she persuaded Nora Ephron, who has just emerged from the glory of "Julie & Julia", to write the script and direct it.
There is no date yet for the production start of the untitled Peggy Lee biopic.
Peggy Lee, who died in 2002, consistently exists in the music world for more than seven decades even when she was in wheelchair. She began her singing career in local radios before scoring a place in Benny Goodman's big band and later became an actress. Throughout her life she has won three Grammy Awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, and earned an Academy Award nomination.
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney