Reese Witherspoon Eying Peggy Lee Role
Reese Witherspoon is apparently craving to portray another real-life musician. After slipping in June Carter's robe in the Oscar-winning biopic of Johnny Cash, "Walk the Line", the actress is in negotiations to depict the life and death of classic singer Peggy Lee.
In fact, according to some reports, it was Witherspoon who worked out the deals from Lee's estate and approached "Legally Blonde" producer Marc Platt. Together with Platt, she persuaded Nora Ephron, who has just emerged from the glory of "Julie & Julia", to write the script and direct it.
There is no date yet for the production start of the untitled Peggy Lee biopic.
Peggy Lee, who died in 2002, consistently exists in the music world for more than seven decades even when she was in wheelchair. She began her singing career in local radios before scoring a place in Benny Goodman's big band and later became an actress. Throughout her life she has won three Grammy Awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, and earned an Academy Award nomination.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos