Reese Witherspoon Eying Peggy Lee Role
Reese Witherspoon is apparently craving to portray another real-life musician. After slipping in June Carter's robe in the Oscar-winning biopic of Johnny Cash, "Walk the Line", the actress is in negotiations to depict the life and death of classic singer Peggy Lee.
In fact, according to some reports, it was Witherspoon who worked out the deals from Lee's estate and approached "Legally Blonde" producer Marc Platt. Together with Platt, she persuaded Nora Ephron, who has just emerged from the glory of "Julie & Julia", to write the script and direct it.
There is no date yet for the production start of the untitled Peggy Lee biopic.
Peggy Lee, who died in 2002, consistently exists in the music world for more than seven decades even when she was in wheelchair. She began her singing career in local radios before scoring a place in Benny Goodman's big band and later became an actress. Throughout her life she has won three Grammy Awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, and earned an Academy Award nomination.
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli
- 'Game of Thrones': New Photos Reunite the Four Starks, Final Season Episode Count Is Revealed
- Chris Cornell Appeared to Have Used Other Drugs Before Hanging Himself
- Nicki Minaj to Perform at the 2017 NBA Awards
- Is She Pregnant? Cristiano Ronaldo's GF Georgina Rodriguez Sports Suspicious Bump in New Pic
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'