Kate Gosselin to Open Emmys With Jimmy Fallon
The first piece of news about the content of upcoming Emmy Awards has arrived. Kate Gosselin, mother of eight and star of TLC's "Kate Plus 8", is set to open the awards show on August 29 with a number of other celebrities familiar to TV fans.
Reports said Gosselin, who is neither nominated nor announced as the presenter, will appear at the start of the show as part of a humorous sketch where she interacts with some of TV's biggest stars. The awards show's host Jimmy Fallon would be one of them and he, according to E! Online, would "kill it right out of the gate."
In an interview with Los Angeles Times last week, Fallon spilled a bit of what he would do as host. "It'll have the spirit of the late-night show," he said. "I'll do jokes and impressions, and we'll keep it very high-energy and positive and keep it moving, 'cause it's a great event." He added, "I don't want to spoil anything. But I think this is an awesome year for me to host, because TV has been fantastic this season."
The 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards will be held on August 29 and aired live by NBC from Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre starting at 8 P.M. ET/ 5 P.M. PT. Nominees of this year's Emmys can be found here.
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans