Kate Gosselin to Open Emmys With Jimmy Fallon
The first piece of news about the content of upcoming Emmy Awards has arrived. Kate Gosselin, mother of eight and star of TLC's "Kate Plus 8", is set to open the awards show on August 29 with a number of other celebrities familiar to TV fans.
Reports said Gosselin, who is neither nominated nor announced as the presenter, will appear at the start of the show as part of a humorous sketch where she interacts with some of TV's biggest stars. The awards show's host Jimmy Fallon would be one of them and he, according to E! Online, would "kill it right out of the gate."
In an interview with Los Angeles Times last week, Fallon spilled a bit of what he would do as host. "It'll have the spirit of the late-night show," he said. "I'll do jokes and impressions, and we'll keep it very high-energy and positive and keep it moving, 'cause it's a great event." He added, "I don't want to spoil anything. But I think this is an awesome year for me to host, because TV has been fantastic this season."
The 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards will be held on August 29 and aired live by NBC from Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre starting at 8 P.M. ET/ 5 P.M. PT. Nominees of this year's Emmys can be found here.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl