'Hard Times of RJ Berger' Owe It to Justin Bieber for Renewal
Justin Bieber may not realize that his power affects TV shows too. The pop star is partly responsible for the renewal of MTV's scripted comedy "The Hard Times of RJ Berger" which he mentioned on Twitter once. The music channel has given the show a second season after it receives an increase of 31% in rating.
Statistically "Berger" performed quite mild in the first half of season 1. But after the July 19 tweet by Bieber in which he said, "Just met the guys who created that new show on @MTV 'The Hard Times of #RJBerger' - good dudes. Show's on tonight at 10pm. Funny stuff," the rating went up by 9% that night. Then the next week, it absorbed even larger audience with 14% increase.
"We have been so heavily branded as a reality network [that] it will take a beat for our viewers to embrace this new diverse slate on the channel. That's why we are so thrilled by the response to Hard Times," MTV President of Programming Tony DiSanto told TV Guide.
Bieber himself has not responded on Twitter but his rep told EW the singer is "happy he could help good people...if he helped at all."
"Berger" will return on August 23 with 12 additional episodes.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie