'Hard Times of RJ Berger' Owe It to Justin Bieber for Renewal
Justin Bieber may not realize that his power affects TV shows too. The pop star is partly responsible for the renewal of MTV's scripted comedy "The Hard Times of RJ Berger" which he mentioned on Twitter once. The music channel has given the show a second season after it receives an increase of 31% in rating.
Statistically "Berger" performed quite mild in the first half of season 1. But after the July 19 tweet by Bieber in which he said, "Just met the guys who created that new show on @MTV 'The Hard Times of #RJBerger' - good dudes. Show's on tonight at 10pm. Funny stuff," the rating went up by 9% that night. Then the next week, it absorbed even larger audience with 14% increase.
"We have been so heavily branded as a reality network [that] it will take a beat for our viewers to embrace this new diverse slate on the channel. That's why we are so thrilled by the response to Hard Times," MTV President of Programming Tony DiSanto told TV Guide.
Bieber himself has not responded on Twitter but his rep told EW the singer is "happy he could help good people...if he helped at all."
"Berger" will return on August 23 with 12 additional episodes.
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega's London Play Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat