Taylor Swift Reveals Cover Art for 'Mine', Playing New Song in Radio Stations
In anticipation of Taylor Swift's "Mine" debut on August 16, a cover art for the song is unleashed. The 20-year-old country music singer is pictured from behind, wearing a white dress and looking back at the camera. Empty space on the image, which is obtained via Celebuzz, is filled with what seems to be handwriting of the song lyrics.
Beside offering the first look at the artwork, representatives for Taylor Swift have also visited radio stations across the country to play the new track before it goes on air next month. One of the stations which got the first listen is 100.3 KILT.
" 'Mine' is an uptempo song that's unmistakably Taylor," the station reviews it. "It's a boy/girl song, sort of like 'Love Story', but a much more realistic look at a relationship. It shows Taylor's growth and maturity over the 2 years since she released 'Fearless', but still maintains Taylor's ability to tell a story with an instantly memorable hook."
The chorus is described as "big" and "very singable" with such lines as "You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter / You are the best thing that's ever been mine."
Taylor Swift's "tendency to run from love," "Mine" is the first single from her new album "Speak Now" which is due October 25 in United States. She said, "[It's] every really direct example of love that I've had in front of me has ended in goodbye and ended in breakups and things like that. So I think I've developed this pattern of running away when it comes time to fall in love and stay in a relationship."
More Taylor Swift News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes