'Glee': Goodbye Coach Tanaka, Hello Coach Shannon
"Glee" is evolving, leaving behind a storyline and introducing another. Announced at relatively the same time, Patrick Gallagher will not be part of the second season after his attempt to get Emma to marry him failed and actress Dot Jones will join the team as the new McKinley High's football coach.
TV Guide said that Gallagher's role as Coach Tanaka is not written in the first few episodes of the new season because it appears that the character is running out of story. Jones' Shannon Beiste meanwhile was thought to be Tanaka's assistant earlier but it turned out that she would be in charge of the sports team. This would be an interesting addition in terms of Sue getting a fellow female co-worker.
Meanwhile, two names have also been reported joining the show's new chapter. Chord Overstreet is tapped to play Kurt's love interest Sam in the season premiere and a couple of episodes after. Cheyenne Jackson, fresh from appearing on "30 Rock", is getting a major recurring role as the new coach of Vocal Adrenaline. He may replace Idina Menzel's Shelby Corcoran in the post but not the fact that Shelby is Rachel's biological mom. The "Glee" panel at San Diego Comic Con confirmed that Menzel will still recur.
"Glee" returns September 21 on FOX.
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret