'Glee': Goodbye Coach Tanaka, Hello Coach Shannon
"Glee" is evolving, leaving behind a storyline and introducing another. Announced at relatively the same time, Patrick Gallagher will not be part of the second season after his attempt to get Emma to marry him failed and actress Dot Jones will join the team as the new McKinley High's football coach.
TV Guide said that Gallagher's role as Coach Tanaka is not written in the first few episodes of the new season because it appears that the character is running out of story. Jones' Shannon Beiste meanwhile was thought to be Tanaka's assistant earlier but it turned out that she would be in charge of the sports team. This would be an interesting addition in terms of Sue getting a fellow female co-worker.
Meanwhile, two names have also been reported joining the show's new chapter. Chord Overstreet is tapped to play Kurt's love interest Sam in the season premiere and a couple of episodes after. Cheyenne Jackson, fresh from appearing on "30 Rock", is getting a major recurring role as the new coach of Vocal Adrenaline. He may replace Idina Menzel's Shelby Corcoran in the post but not the fact that Shelby is Rachel's biological mom. The "Glee" panel at San Diego Comic Con confirmed that Menzel will still recur.
"Glee" returns September 21 on FOX.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'