Comic Con 2010: 'Drive Angry', 'Skyline' and 'Super' Footage Description
On Friday, July 23, "Drive Angry", "Skyline" and "Super" invaded Hall H for about three hours. Universal Pictures started the panel for its 3-D film at 10:30 A.M. with its cast Nicolas Cage, William Fichtner, Amber Heard and director Patrick Lussier presenting 3-D footage from the movie.
It opens with scenes featuring Cage's Milton who is encountering an unlucky soul. An orgy of pagans and fire and ritual is also spotted in the footage before Heard's character emerges. She is seen fighting off some enemies herself and threatened by baddie Billy Burke in one sequence. She ends up landing on Cage's hood as they scream down the highway.
The next shot captures Fichtner whose character in the trailer is described as an agent of hell called The Accountant. Fichtner's character apparently wants to take Milton back to the underworld. Scenes of The Charger and some other cars speeding up are also seen in the preview, which gives a look at the God Killer gun.
Next, Universal Pictures presented a trailer and a brief clip for "Skyline". The trailer starts with scenes set in LA where Eric Balfour and Scottie Thompson have a party with their friends. The poolside party is then interrupted by a group of choppers flying over - Homeland Security. But the worse comes when a room inside a hotel starts shaking and a light sucks out a man from the room through an unopened.
Balfour and Donald Faison, investigating the activity, head up to the roof before Transformer-sized creatures emerge from the clouds. The aliens later are seen everywhere among humans and the humans try their best to avoid an encounter with the aliens.
At the "Super" panel, director James Gunn, stars Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, Liv Tyler, Nathan Fillion, Michael Rooker, and producers Ted Hope and Miranda Bailey were on hand to present the first trailer for the movie though Gunn claimed there hadn't been any sound timing or color correction yet.
The trailer sees Wilson falling in love and marrying Tyler but she leaves him for Kevin Bacon. Wilson decides to turn into the Crimson Bolt, a cheap-ass superhero persona. The Crimson Bolt becomes noticed and young Page approaches him to become his sidekick.
The two then hit the streets to pursue vigilante justice. The trailer ends with Page tossing dynamite under a bad guy and he explodes into a million pieces in a goofy, full-frontal way.
After the trailer, there is a short clip which follows Wilson as he is cut on line outside a movie theater. He then gets inside his car and clothes, back into the theater and bashes the cutter directly in the forehead with a wrench.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show