Joe Manganiello Promoted as Regular on 'True Blood'
Just like Kristin Bauer aka Pam, Joe Manganiello earns a promotion on "True Blood". The depicter of werewolf Alcide is now a regular instead of a recur, effective immediately in season 4. This also means that the "few deaths" that the series said earlier doesn't include Alcide's.
According to Deadline which was first to report the promotion, Manganiello was supposed to appear in a slew of episodes in season 2 but he appealed much higher than expected. More importantly, the character is embraced by the show's fans, prompting the producers to hire him for additional episodes. In the book series from which the show is based on, Alcide indeed continues to have a significant storyline up until the tenth.
Regarding the deaths itself, Manganiello recently told E!, "Maybe the least amount [of people die], but definitely important ones. There are some scripts that I read where I was shocked and went, 'No way!'."
"True Blood" will hold a panel at San Diego Comic Con Friday, July 23 at 5:15 P.M.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy