Joe Manganiello Promoted as Regular on 'True Blood'
Just like Kristin Bauer aka Pam, Joe Manganiello earns a promotion on "True Blood". The depicter of werewolf Alcide is now a regular instead of a recur, effective immediately in season 4. This also means that the "few deaths" that the series said earlier doesn't include Alcide's.
According to Deadline which was first to report the promotion, Manganiello was supposed to appear in a slew of episodes in season 2 but he appealed much higher than expected. More importantly, the character is embraced by the show's fans, prompting the producers to hire him for additional episodes. In the book series from which the show is based on, Alcide indeed continues to have a significant storyline up until the tenth.
Regarding the deaths itself, Manganiello recently told E!, "Maybe the least amount [of people die], but definitely important ones. There are some scripts that I read where I was shocked and went, 'No way!'."
"True Blood" will hold a panel at San Diego Comic Con Friday, July 23 at 5:15 P.M.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video