Joe Manganiello Promoted as Regular on 'True Blood'
Just like Kristin Bauer aka Pam, Joe Manganiello earns a promotion on "True Blood". The depicter of werewolf Alcide is now a regular instead of a recur, effective immediately in season 4. This also means that the "few deaths" that the series said earlier doesn't include Alcide's.
According to Deadline which was first to report the promotion, Manganiello was supposed to appear in a slew of episodes in season 2 but he appealed much higher than expected. More importantly, the character is embraced by the show's fans, prompting the producers to hire him for additional episodes. In the book series from which the show is based on, Alcide indeed continues to have a significant storyline up until the tenth.
Regarding the deaths itself, Manganiello recently told E!, "Maybe the least amount [of people die], but definitely important ones. There are some scripts that I read where I was shocked and went, 'No way!'."
"True Blood" will hold a panel at San Diego Comic Con Friday, July 23 at 5:15 P.M.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group