Joe Manganiello Promoted as Regular on 'True Blood'
Just like Kristin Bauer aka Pam, Joe Manganiello earns a promotion on "True Blood". The depicter of werewolf Alcide is now a regular instead of a recur, effective immediately in season 4. This also means that the "few deaths" that the series said earlier doesn't include Alcide's.
According to Deadline which was first to report the promotion, Manganiello was supposed to appear in a slew of episodes in season 2 but he appealed much higher than expected. More importantly, the character is embraced by the show's fans, prompting the producers to hire him for additional episodes. In the book series from which the show is based on, Alcide indeed continues to have a significant storyline up until the tenth.
Regarding the deaths itself, Manganiello recently told E!, "Maybe the least amount [of people die], but definitely important ones. There are some scripts that I read where I was shocked and went, 'No way!'."
"True Blood" will hold a panel at San Diego Comic Con Friday, July 23 at 5:15 P.M.
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!