Michael Lohan's Lawyer: No Charges Have Been Filed
Reports have swirled mentioning Lindsay Lohan's father Michael Lohan has been charged with second-degree harassment by Southampton police for assaulting fiancee Kate Major. However, Michael's lawyer Lisa Bloom has blasted the reports, insisting "no charges have been filed".
"Michael Lohan 100% denies each and every one of Kate Major's allegations. He has never threatened to harm her, never assaulted her, and never physically abused her in any way," Lisa said in a statement via CNN. The lawyer further mentioned that Kate was drunk when she and Michael engaged in a dispute on Monday, July 19 just before he flew to L.A. for Lindsay's hearing.
"Kate was heavily intoxicated during the verbal argument between Michael and Kate on Monday early afternoon," Lisa claimed. "Michael Lohan has been clean and sober for six years. Michael Lohan is fully cooperating with the police investigation. No charges have been filed. He expects to be fully vindicated."
On the alleged charge, Lisa said, "Most often, second degree harassment violations are resolved by the payment of a fine of up to $250. Second degree harassment is the lowest level charge that can be brought in connection with an alleged domestic violence incident, when there are no substantial physical injuries alleged, which is the case here."
Michael Lohan is scheduled to appear in court on August 18 to be arraigned on harassment charges.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera