Michael Lohan's Lawyer: No Charges Have Been Filed
Reports have swirled mentioning Lindsay Lohan's father Michael Lohan has been charged with second-degree harassment by Southampton police for assaulting fiancee Kate Major. However, Michael's lawyer Lisa Bloom has blasted the reports, insisting "no charges have been filed".
"Michael Lohan 100% denies each and every one of Kate Major's allegations. He has never threatened to harm her, never assaulted her, and never physically abused her in any way," Lisa said in a statement via CNN. The lawyer further mentioned that Kate was drunk when she and Michael engaged in a dispute on Monday, July 19 just before he flew to L.A. for Lindsay's hearing.
"Kate was heavily intoxicated during the verbal argument between Michael and Kate on Monday early afternoon," Lisa claimed. "Michael Lohan has been clean and sober for six years. Michael Lohan is fully cooperating with the police investigation. No charges have been filed. He expects to be fully vindicated."
On the alleged charge, Lisa said, "Most often, second degree harassment violations are resolved by the payment of a fine of up to $250. Second degree harassment is the lowest level charge that can be brought in connection with an alleged domestic violence incident, when there are no substantial physical injuries alleged, which is the case here."
Michael Lohan is scheduled to appear in court on August 18 to be arraigned on harassment charges.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic