Michael Lohan's Lawyer: No Charges Have Been Filed
Reports have swirled mentioning Lindsay Lohan's father Michael Lohan has been charged with second-degree harassment by Southampton police for assaulting fiancee Kate Major. However, Michael's lawyer Lisa Bloom has blasted the reports, insisting "no charges have been filed".
"Michael Lohan 100% denies each and every one of Kate Major's allegations. He has never threatened to harm her, never assaulted her, and never physically abused her in any way," Lisa said in a statement via CNN. The lawyer further mentioned that Kate was drunk when she and Michael engaged in a dispute on Monday, July 19 just before he flew to L.A. for Lindsay's hearing.
"Kate was heavily intoxicated during the verbal argument between Michael and Kate on Monday early afternoon," Lisa claimed. "Michael Lohan has been clean and sober for six years. Michael Lohan is fully cooperating with the police investigation. No charges have been filed. He expects to be fully vindicated."
On the alleged charge, Lisa said, "Most often, second degree harassment violations are resolved by the payment of a fine of up to $250. Second degree harassment is the lowest level charge that can be brought in connection with an alleged domestic violence incident, when there are no substantial physical injuries alleged, which is the case here."
Michael Lohan is scheduled to appear in court on August 18 to be arraigned on harassment charges.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'