'Project Runway': Cast, New Format and Guest Judges Revealed
The 17 designers who will compete for the title as latest winner of "Project Runway" have been unveiled, so has the new format. The reality competition show hosted by Heidi Klum will now run half an hour longer because the show's spin-off "Models of the Runway" has been scrapped.
Klum said there are questions why one is sent home and others aren't. More behind-the-scene footage hopefully would give an answer. "For example, today we have an Elimination Day. It's going to go on four or five hours," Klum explained. "On the show it only has 10-15 minutes. So if there is a very special decision day, when the judges might not agree with one another or something really happens, now we have the freedom to show certain things much longer than we ever could before."
Speaking of change, Klum said, "This time we started with 17 designers and we met at Lincoln Center, which is going to be the place where Fashion Week is going to move to from the Park. So I give them a last challenge and then whoever does not make it through that challenge will officially not be on the show and will not move into the apartment. So we did give them a last twist before they unpacked their bags."
Actress Selma Blair will be the guest judge in the season premiere which airs Thursday, July 29 at 9/8c. "I think she was a great judge and really, really funny so we're starting off with a fun episode," Klum commented. Betsey Johnson is also scheduled to sit among the judges.
Viewers won't be able to determine characters yet, but can at least judge the contestants by appearance. 32-year-old Mondo Guerra from Denver for example, is bold in his choice of wearing schoolboy uniform while 50-year-old Peach Carr from Lake Forest, IL is comfortable in her simple black sweater. More detailed info, including their inspirations and portfolio are available at MyLifetime.com.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl