'Project Runway': Cast, New Format and Guest Judges Revealed
The 17 designers who will compete for the title as latest winner of "Project Runway" have been unveiled, so has the new format. The reality competition show hosted by Heidi Klum will now run half an hour longer because the show's spin-off "Models of the Runway" has been scrapped.
Klum said there are questions why one is sent home and others aren't. More behind-the-scene footage hopefully would give an answer. "For example, today we have an Elimination Day. It's going to go on four or five hours," Klum explained. "On the show it only has 10-15 minutes. So if there is a very special decision day, when the judges might not agree with one another or something really happens, now we have the freedom to show certain things much longer than we ever could before."
Speaking of change, Klum said, "This time we started with 17 designers and we met at Lincoln Center, which is going to be the place where Fashion Week is going to move to from the Park. So I give them a last challenge and then whoever does not make it through that challenge will officially not be on the show and will not move into the apartment. So we did give them a last twist before they unpacked their bags."
Actress Selma Blair will be the guest judge in the season premiere which airs Thursday, July 29 at 9/8c. "I think she was a great judge and really, really funny so we're starting off with a fun episode," Klum commented. Betsey Johnson is also scheduled to sit among the judges.
Viewers won't be able to determine characters yet, but can at least judge the contestants by appearance. 32-year-old Mondo Guerra from Denver for example, is bold in his choice of wearing schoolboy uniform while 50-year-old Peach Carr from Lake Forest, IL is comfortable in her simple black sweater. More detailed info, including their inspirations and portfolio are available at MyLifetime.com.
More Project Runway News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris