Eminem Reigns Hot 200 for Three Straight Weeks
Eminem still stays at the No. 1 position on Billboard Hot 200 with his latest effort "Recovery" this week. This makes the album the first set to lead the chart for three consecutive weeks since Sade did so with "Soldier of Love" back in March this year.
"Recovery" holds the top spot with another 229,000 copies, pushing it close to the 1.3 million mark. This follow-up to 2009 "Relapse" also becomes the first to sell at least 200,000 in each of its first three weeks since Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" in January and February.
Also unmoved from last week's position is Drake's debut album "Thank Me Later" which holds the runner-up place by shifting 74,000 units. Since releasing the record across United States on June 15, the Canadian rapper has so far pulled in a total of more than 782,000.
The next spot is secured by this week's highest chart debut, Big Boi's first solo album "Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty" which bows around 62,000 copies. A few steps down at No. 10, there is another new entry Enrique Iglesias' "Euphoria" which starts with 27,000.
The rest of Top 10 on the U.S. albums chart belong to those which have been invading the list for weeks. "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" soundtrack album falls one slot to No. 4 with 45,000, while Justin Bieber's "My World 2.0" and the latest edition of "Now" compilation swaps places. The two albums add 43,000 and 33,000 copies respectively.
Jack Johnson's "To the Sea" climbs up to No. 7 with 30,000 and Lady GaGa's "The Fame" returns to No. 8 after being absent from the list last week. Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" sits at No. 9, rising one slot from last week's position with 28,000.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "Recovery" - Eminem
- "Thank Me Later" - Drake
- "Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty" - Big Boi
- "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" soundtrack - various artists
- "My World 2.0" - Justin Bieber
- "Now 34: That's What I Call Music" - various artists
- "To the Sea" - Jack Johnson
- "The Fame" - Lady GaGa
- "Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum
- "Euphoria" - Enrique Iglesias
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated