'The Addams Family' Is Moving Forward With Tim Burton
Plan to make an animated version of "The Addams Family" is very much alive. Confirming the matter is producer Christopher Meledandri who told Coming Soon at the junket for "Despicable Me" that the project is developed with hope that Tim Burton will direct it. "It's all very, very early, but we are developing with [Tim Burton directing] in mind," Meledandri says.
He also confirms that the film is planned for stop motion instead of computer animation. However, it has not been determined whether the movie will be released in black and white or not as Meledandri states, "We're just now at the story phase. Stuff has been written as though we are doing it in black and white, but that's not correct. It's not incorrect, but it's not correct. We haven't gotten to that point."
"The Addams Family" will be based on the original Charles Addams' comics that were published in The New Yorker between 1938 and 1988. The story has been made into television series and film features, but the producer claims the new big screen version will not be based on those adaptations.
- Bella Thorne Gets Nipple Piercing, Shares Naked Photo
- Is Drake Cheating on J.Lo With This Porn Star in Amsterdam?
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci