'The Addams Family' Is Moving Forward With Tim Burton
Plan to make an animated version of "The Addams Family" is very much alive. Confirming the matter is producer Christopher Meledandri who told Coming Soon at the junket for "Despicable Me" that the project is developed with hope that Tim Burton will direct it. "It's all very, very early, but we are developing with [Tim Burton directing] in mind," Meledandri says.
He also confirms that the film is planned for stop motion instead of computer animation. However, it has not been determined whether the movie will be released in black and white or not as Meledandri states, "We're just now at the story phase. Stuff has been written as though we are doing it in black and white, but that's not correct. It's not incorrect, but it's not correct. We haven't gotten to that point."
"The Addams Family" will be based on the original Charles Addams' comics that were published in The New Yorker between 1938 and 1988. The story has been made into television series and film features, but the producer claims the new big screen version will not be based on those adaptations.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special