'The Addams Family' Is Moving Forward With Tim Burton
Plan to make an animated version of "The Addams Family" is very much alive. Confirming the matter is producer Christopher Meledandri who told Coming Soon at the junket for "Despicable Me" that the project is developed with hope that Tim Burton will direct it. "It's all very, very early, but we are developing with [Tim Burton directing] in mind," Meledandri says.
He also confirms that the film is planned for stop motion instead of computer animation. However, it has not been determined whether the movie will be released in black and white or not as Meledandri states, "We're just now at the story phase. Stuff has been written as though we are doing it in black and white, but that's not correct. It's not incorrect, but it's not correct. We haven't gotten to that point."
"The Addams Family" will be based on the original Charles Addams' comics that were published in The New Yorker between 1938 and 1988. The story has been made into television series and film features, but the producer claims the new big screen version will not be based on those adaptations.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'