'The Addams Family' Is Moving Forward With Tim Burton
Plan to make an animated version of "The Addams Family" is very much alive. Confirming the matter is producer Christopher Meledandri who told Coming Soon at the junket for "Despicable Me" that the project is developed with hope that Tim Burton will direct it. "It's all very, very early, but we are developing with [Tim Burton directing] in mind," Meledandri says.
He also confirms that the film is planned for stop motion instead of computer animation. However, it has not been determined whether the movie will be released in black and white or not as Meledandri states, "We're just now at the story phase. Stuff has been written as though we are doing it in black and white, but that's not correct. It's not incorrect, but it's not correct. We haven't gotten to that point."
"The Addams Family" will be based on the original Charles Addams' comics that were published in The New Yorker between 1938 and 1988. The story has been made into television series and film features, but the producer claims the new big screen version will not be based on those adaptations.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?