'The Addams Family' Is Moving Forward With Tim Burton
Plan to make an animated version of "The Addams Family" is very much alive. Confirming the matter is producer Christopher Meledandri who told Coming Soon at the junket for "Despicable Me" that the project is developed with hope that Tim Burton will direct it. "It's all very, very early, but we are developing with [Tim Burton directing] in mind," Meledandri says.
He also confirms that the film is planned for stop motion instead of computer animation. However, it has not been determined whether the movie will be released in black and white or not as Meledandri states, "We're just now at the story phase. Stuff has been written as though we are doing it in black and white, but that's not correct. It's not incorrect, but it's not correct. We haven't gotten to that point."
"The Addams Family" will be based on the original Charles Addams' comics that were published in The New Yorker between 1938 and 1988. The story has been made into television series and film features, but the producer claims the new big screen version will not be based on those adaptations.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert