Video: Drake Raps 'Tweet Tweet' With Jimmy Kimmel
Last year, Jimmy Kimmel got helping hands from Eminem in writing his so-called first song, but now it is his turn to give someone else some advice. In a sketch aired on the June 24 episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", the host runs into Drake when the Canadian rapper is occupied with songwriting thing in the school hallway.
Bringing an iPad and backpack, Jimmy said, "Why write a song yourself when celebrities are tweeting so many great things?" He then showed some tweets written by such big stars as Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Larry King, Paris Hilton, Snoop Dogg and Ashton Kutcher.
Together, the two artists compile the celebrities' tweets and turn it into a catchy rap song with chorus including lines "Follow me, follow me / Tweet, tweet." They even sport a matching suit, dance and emulate Twitter's signature Bluebirds.
"I can tell you that [shooting 'Tweet Tweet'] was one of the most riveting times I've ever had in my entire life,' Drake joked with Jimmy later in the show during the interview segment. "It was nervewracking - your talent is very intimidating. And your fluid motion in the video..."
Beside doing a sketch with Jimmy Kimmel and answering questions from the host, Drake also entertained audience with "Over", the first single from his chart topper "Thank Me Later". Additionally, he teamed up with Nicki Minaj for a duet on "Bedrock".
More Drake News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked