Video: Drake Raps 'Tweet Tweet' With Jimmy Kimmel
Last year, Jimmy Kimmel got helping hands from Eminem in writing his so-called first song, but now it is his turn to give someone else some advice. In a sketch aired on the June 24 episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", the host runs into Drake when the Canadian rapper is occupied with songwriting thing in the school hallway.
Bringing an iPad and backpack, Jimmy said, "Why write a song yourself when celebrities are tweeting so many great things?" He then showed some tweets written by such big stars as Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Larry King, Paris Hilton, Snoop Dogg and Ashton Kutcher.
Together, the two artists compile the celebrities' tweets and turn it into a catchy rap song with chorus including lines "Follow me, follow me / Tweet, tweet." They even sport a matching suit, dance and emulate Twitter's signature Bluebirds.
"I can tell you that [shooting 'Tweet Tweet'] was one of the most riveting times I've ever had in my entire life,' Drake joked with Jimmy later in the show during the interview segment. "It was nervewracking - your talent is very intimidating. And your fluid motion in the video..."
Beside doing a sketch with Jimmy Kimmel and answering questions from the host, Drake also entertained audience with "Over", the first single from his chart topper "Thank Me Later". Additionally, he teamed up with Nicki Minaj for a duet on "Bedrock".
More Drake News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'