Video: Drake Raps 'Tweet Tweet' With Jimmy Kimmel
Last year, Jimmy Kimmel got helping hands from Eminem in writing his so-called first song, but now it is his turn to give someone else some advice. In a sketch aired on the June 24 episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", the host runs into Drake when the Canadian rapper is occupied with songwriting thing in the school hallway.
Bringing an iPad and backpack, Jimmy said, "Why write a song yourself when celebrities are tweeting so many great things?" He then showed some tweets written by such big stars as Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Larry King, Paris Hilton, Snoop Dogg and Ashton Kutcher.
Together, the two artists compile the celebrities' tweets and turn it into a catchy rap song with chorus including lines "Follow me, follow me / Tweet, tweet." They even sport a matching suit, dance and emulate Twitter's signature Bluebirds.
"I can tell you that [shooting 'Tweet Tweet'] was one of the most riveting times I've ever had in my entire life,' Drake joked with Jimmy later in the show during the interview segment. "It was nervewracking - your talent is very intimidating. And your fluid motion in the video..."
Beside doing a sketch with Jimmy Kimmel and answering questions from the host, Drake also entertained audience with "Over", the first single from his chart topper "Thank Me Later". Additionally, he teamed up with Nicki Minaj for a duet on "Bedrock".
More Drake News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child