Confirmed, Sam Raimi to Direct 'Oz the Great and Powerful'
Sam Raimi is reportedly on board to direct "Oz the Great and Powerful". Following news that he was in negotiations to serve behind the cameras for the upcoming film, Deadline Hollywood has reported on Tuesday, June 15 that the talks have been turned into a finalized deal.
The site also says that Robert Downey Jr. is attached to the project but he isn't set yet. "They are going to develop for him [Downey Jr.], if things go right. The script will be rewritten," a source tells Deadline. "The movie will happen, though."
"Oz the Great and Powerful" has a script written by Mitchell Kapner. The story follows Oz as he is transported to Oz from Kansas, and details how he comes to be the power seen in "The Wizard of Oz".
Sam Raimi is best known for directing three "Spider-Man" films starring Tobey Maguire. He also found success as the producer of TV series "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" and "Xena: Warrior Princess". His latest directed movie is 2009 "Drag Me to Hell".
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour