Confirmed, Sam Raimi to Direct 'Oz the Great and Powerful'
Sam Raimi is reportedly on board to direct "Oz the Great and Powerful". Following news that he was in negotiations to serve behind the cameras for the upcoming film, Deadline Hollywood has reported on Tuesday, June 15 that the talks have been turned into a finalized deal.
The site also says that Robert Downey Jr. is attached to the project but he isn't set yet. "They are going to develop for him [Downey Jr.], if things go right. The script will be rewritten," a source tells Deadline. "The movie will happen, though."
"Oz the Great and Powerful" has a script written by Mitchell Kapner. The story follows Oz as he is transported to Oz from Kansas, and details how he comes to be the power seen in "The Wizard of Oz".
Sam Raimi is best known for directing three "Spider-Man" films starring Tobey Maguire. He also found success as the producer of TV series "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" and "Xena: Warrior Princess". His latest directed movie is 2009 "Drag Me to Hell".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal