Katy Perry Clears Up Her Alleged Jab at Lady GaGa
In a radio interview, Katy Perry was confronted with questions surrounding her "blasphemy" comment which is reportedly directed at Lady GaGa over her "Alejandro" music video. Not wanting people to get it wrong, she cleared up that matter, insisting that the tweet is "more of a non-specific, general thing."
"What's funny is that everybody was assuming I was directing it completely towards her, and if I was directing something I would write their '@' [on my tweet]", she said. "Lately, I've just been seeing some things that are kind of like, I don't know, in my own personal feelings, a little bit like not something I would do, I guess."
She further noted of her upbringing with her pastor parents, "When Madonna was on a cross, and sometimes my boyfriend [Russell Brand] will say things that are a little bit 'eh' for me, from where I come from. It's hard for me to say that, because sometimes I'm a very hypocritical person."
"Everybody's like, 'How do you say that and you kissed a girl?' And I think sometimes, most of the time, you can disagree or agree, spirituality and sexuality are two separate things, and then when you decide to put them into the same subject, it gets interesting for some people."
The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker then made it clear that she has no "cat fights" with GaGa and Madonna despite what she wrote on Twitter. "Everybody knows, I've said it maybe 100 times on my Twitter, I'm one of the biggest Lady GaGa fans and Madonna fans," she stated.
More Katy Perry News
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern