Katy Perry Clears Up Her Alleged Jab at Lady GaGa
In a radio interview, Katy Perry was confronted with questions surrounding her "blasphemy" comment which is reportedly directed at Lady GaGa over her "Alejandro" music video. Not wanting people to get it wrong, she cleared up that matter, insisting that the tweet is "more of a non-specific, general thing."
"What's funny is that everybody was assuming I was directing it completely towards her, and if I was directing something I would write their '@' [on my tweet]", she said. "Lately, I've just been seeing some things that are kind of like, I don't know, in my own personal feelings, a little bit like not something I would do, I guess."
She further noted of her upbringing with her pastor parents, "When Madonna was on a cross, and sometimes my boyfriend [Russell Brand] will say things that are a little bit 'eh' for me, from where I come from. It's hard for me to say that, because sometimes I'm a very hypocritical person."
"Everybody's like, 'How do you say that and you kissed a girl?' And I think sometimes, most of the time, you can disagree or agree, spirituality and sexuality are two separate things, and then when you decide to put them into the same subject, it gets interesting for some people."
The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker then made it clear that she has no "cat fights" with GaGa and Madonna despite what she wrote on Twitter. "Everybody knows, I've said it maybe 100 times on my Twitter, I'm one of the biggest Lady GaGa fans and Madonna fans," she stated.
More Katy Perry News
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof