Katy Perry Clears Up Her Alleged Jab at Lady GaGa
In a radio interview, Katy Perry was confronted with questions surrounding her "blasphemy" comment which is reportedly directed at Lady GaGa over her "Alejandro" music video. Not wanting people to get it wrong, she cleared up that matter, insisting that the tweet is "more of a non-specific, general thing."
"What's funny is that everybody was assuming I was directing it completely towards her, and if I was directing something I would write their '@' [on my tweet]", she said. "Lately, I've just been seeing some things that are kind of like, I don't know, in my own personal feelings, a little bit like not something I would do, I guess."
She further noted of her upbringing with her pastor parents, "When Madonna was on a cross, and sometimes my boyfriend [Russell Brand] will say things that are a little bit 'eh' for me, from where I come from. It's hard for me to say that, because sometimes I'm a very hypocritical person."
"Everybody's like, 'How do you say that and you kissed a girl?' And I think sometimes, most of the time, you can disagree or agree, spirituality and sexuality are two separate things, and then when you decide to put them into the same subject, it gets interesting for some people."
The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker then made it clear that she has no "cat fights" with GaGa and Madonna despite what she wrote on Twitter. "Everybody knows, I've said it maybe 100 times on my Twitter, I'm one of the biggest Lady GaGa fans and Madonna fans," she stated.
More Katy Perry News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism