Katy Perry Clears Up Her Alleged Jab at Lady GaGa
In a radio interview, Katy Perry was confronted with questions surrounding her "blasphemy" comment which is reportedly directed at Lady GaGa over her "Alejandro" music video. Not wanting people to get it wrong, she cleared up that matter, insisting that the tweet is "more of a non-specific, general thing."
"What's funny is that everybody was assuming I was directing it completely towards her, and if I was directing something I would write their '@' [on my tweet]", she said. "Lately, I've just been seeing some things that are kind of like, I don't know, in my own personal feelings, a little bit like not something I would do, I guess."
She further noted of her upbringing with her pastor parents, "When Madonna was on a cross, and sometimes my boyfriend [Russell Brand] will say things that are a little bit 'eh' for me, from where I come from. It's hard for me to say that, because sometimes I'm a very hypocritical person."
"Everybody's like, 'How do you say that and you kissed a girl?' And I think sometimes, most of the time, you can disagree or agree, spirituality and sexuality are two separate things, and then when you decide to put them into the same subject, it gets interesting for some people."
The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker then made it clear that she has no "cat fights" with GaGa and Madonna despite what she wrote on Twitter. "Everybody knows, I've said it maybe 100 times on my Twitter, I'm one of the biggest Lady GaGa fans and Madonna fans," she stated.
More Katy Perry News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video