Katy Perry Disses Lady GaGa's 'Alejandro' Video
Katy Perry is rumored to have taken aim at Lady GaGa. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker sparked such speculation after writing on Twitter, "Using blasphemy as entertainment is as cheap as a comedian telling a fart joke."
The fiancee of funnyman Russell Brand didn't mention GaGa's name on her post. However, people were quick to link the tweet to "Alejandro" music video due to the fact that the newly-premiered clip features, among other Catholic imageries, a crucifix during a bed scene.
Aside from Katy Perry's rumored jab at Lady GaGa, the two female singers actually have several things in common. Katy glorifies lesbianism in her claim-fame single "I Kissed a Girl" and GaGa celebrates gay love in "Alejandro".
On top of that, they seem to have similar style when it comes to undergarments. Katy picks a pair of cannons that launch frosting to the camera for her bra in "California Gurls" video, while GaGa opted rifles to equip her own.
More Katy Perry News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers