Video Premiere: Lady GaGa's 'Alejandro'
Lady GaGa's music video in support of single "Alejandro" is finally debuted, treating fans with dark, provocative scenes some of which make reference to Madonna's "Vogue". It sees the singer baring a cold heart, which presumably belongs to Alejandro. She is also seen stimulating a bed scene with a male and rocking a rifle-equipped bra when dancing with shirtless, chiseled men.
"She likes epics. It fits her personality. We combined dance, narrative and attributes of surrealism," director Steven Klein who has worked with Madonna told Rolling Stones. "The process was to express Lady GaGa's desire to reveal her heart and bear her soul."
GaGa herself said the video has "homoerotic military theme." She previously told Larry King, "It is a celebration of my love and appreciation for the gay community, my admiration of their bravery, their love for one another and their courage in their relationships."
In further statement, she explained, "I can speak for myself in that my admiration comes from an incredibly steadfast and joyful courage and bravery they have for one another and their community. To be gay and live openly in this society requires tremendous strength. ... I admire it and envy it in some ways. It's something that, as a woman, I don't always wholeheartedly possess."
Lady GaGa's "Alejandro" music video
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance