Video Premiere: Lady GaGa's 'Alejandro'
Lady GaGa's music video in support of single "Alejandro" is finally debuted, treating fans with dark, provocative scenes some of which make reference to Madonna's "Vogue". It sees the singer baring a cold heart, which presumably belongs to Alejandro. She is also seen stimulating a bed scene with a male and rocking a rifle-equipped bra when dancing with shirtless, chiseled men.
"She likes epics. It fits her personality. We combined dance, narrative and attributes of surrealism," director Steven Klein who has worked with Madonna told Rolling Stones. "The process was to express Lady GaGa's desire to reveal her heart and bear her soul."
GaGa herself said the video has "homoerotic military theme." She previously told Larry King, "It is a celebration of my love and appreciation for the gay community, my admiration of their bravery, their love for one another and their courage in their relationships."
In further statement, she explained, "I can speak for myself in that my admiration comes from an incredibly steadfast and joyful courage and bravery they have for one another and their community. To be gay and live openly in this society requires tremendous strength. ... I admire it and envy it in some ways. It's something that, as a woman, I don't always wholeheartedly possess."
Lady GaGa's "Alejandro" music video
More Lady GaGa News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?