Video Premiere: Lady GaGa's 'Alejandro'
Lady GaGa's music video in support of single "Alejandro" is finally debuted, treating fans with dark, provocative scenes some of which make reference to Madonna's "Vogue". It sees the singer baring a cold heart, which presumably belongs to Alejandro. She is also seen stimulating a bed scene with a male and rocking a rifle-equipped bra when dancing with shirtless, chiseled men.
"She likes epics. It fits her personality. We combined dance, narrative and attributes of surrealism," director Steven Klein who has worked with Madonna told Rolling Stones. "The process was to express Lady GaGa's desire to reveal her heart and bear her soul."
GaGa herself said the video has "homoerotic military theme." She previously told Larry King, "It is a celebration of my love and appreciation for the gay community, my admiration of their bravery, their love for one another and their courage in their relationships."
In further statement, she explained, "I can speak for myself in that my admiration comes from an incredibly steadfast and joyful courage and bravery they have for one another and their community. To be gay and live openly in this society requires tremendous strength. ... I admire it and envy it in some ways. It's something that, as a woman, I don't always wholeheartedly possess."
More Lady GaGa News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?