Video Premiere: Lady GaGa's 'Alejandro'
Lady GaGa's music video in support of single "Alejandro" is finally debuted, treating fans with dark, provocative scenes some of which make reference to Madonna's "Vogue". It sees the singer baring a cold heart, which presumably belongs to Alejandro. She is also seen stimulating a bed scene with a male and rocking a rifle-equipped bra when dancing with shirtless, chiseled men.
"She likes epics. It fits her personality. We combined dance, narrative and attributes of surrealism," director Steven Klein who has worked with Madonna told Rolling Stones. "The process was to express Lady GaGa's desire to reveal her heart and bear her soul."
GaGa herself said the video has "homoerotic military theme." She previously told Larry King, "It is a celebration of my love and appreciation for the gay community, my admiration of their bravery, their love for one another and their courage in their relationships."
In further statement, she explained, "I can speak for myself in that my admiration comes from an incredibly steadfast and joyful courage and bravery they have for one another and their community. To be gay and live openly in this society requires tremendous strength. ... I admire it and envy it in some ways. It's something that, as a woman, I don't always wholeheartedly possess."
More Lady GaGa News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen