2010 Tony Awards: Denzel Washington Is Best Actor in a Play
"Fences" has taken home three gongs at the Sunday, June 13 ceremony of 2010 Tony Awards. The play is dubbed Best Revival and its two main stars take the top acting honors. Denzel Washington wins Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Play, while Viola Davis wins for the Leading Actress category.
Washington, who has won two Oscars apparently did not prepare his acceptance speech for the Tony award, saying "I knew I should've written something down." Being thankful for the honor, Davis in the other hand states in teary eyes, "I don't believe in luck ... but I absolutely believe in the presence of God in my life."
Also winning big at the show is "Red". The play, which has dominated the list of winners in non-acting categories, has just been announced as the Best Play. Additionally, "Fela!" which has nabbed several kudos earlier at the event has added another prize to its shelve, grabbing Best Choreography for Bill T. Jones. Another coveted award for Best Revival of a Musical later goes to "La Cage aux Folles".
Few more prizes from the 64th Tony Awards which are still left will be handed out soon. The awards show is currently taking place at Radio City Music Hall with Tony nominee Sean Hayes serving as a host.
2010 Tony Awards : Red Carpet Arrivals | Winners List
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise