Maura Tierney Scores New TV Show After Cancer Battle
Maura Tierney is officially on board ABC's new legal drama "The Whole Truth" which previously had Joely Richardson on the lead. Tierney who is in remission after successfully battling breast cancer since late last year, will take the role of Kathryn Peale, a deputy bureau chief in the Manhattan District Attorney's office.
Richardson had taken the role and even shot the scenes previously but she backed out of the project to spend more time with her family. The 45-year-old buried her aunt Lynn Redgrave in May and her uncle Corin Redgrave in April. Last year she lost her sibling Natasha Richardson in a skiing accident. Joely Richardson has an 18-year-old daughter named Daisy.
Tierney herself was replaced by Lauren Graham on "Parenthood" when she found out about the cancer. Her "Whole Truth" negotiations went through several weeks before being finalized this week. She will star opposite Rob Morrow who tackles the role of criminal attorney Jimmy Brogan.
"Whole Truth", which could be premiered in Fall, is unique legal drama that chronicles the way a case is built from the perspective of both the defense and prosecution. Showing each side equally keeps the audience guessing, shifting allegiances and opinions on guilt or innocence until the very final scene.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special