Maura Tierney Scores New TV Show After Cancer Battle
Maura Tierney is officially on board ABC's new legal drama "The Whole Truth" which previously had Joely Richardson on the lead. Tierney who is in remission after successfully battling breast cancer since late last year, will take the role of Kathryn Peale, a deputy bureau chief in the Manhattan District Attorney's office.
Richardson had taken the role and even shot the scenes previously but she backed out of the project to spend more time with her family. The 45-year-old buried her aunt Lynn Redgrave in May and her uncle Corin Redgrave in April. Last year she lost her sibling Natasha Richardson in a skiing accident. Joely Richardson has an 18-year-old daughter named Daisy.
Tierney herself was replaced by Lauren Graham on "Parenthood" when she found out about the cancer. Her "Whole Truth" negotiations went through several weeks before being finalized this week. She will star opposite Rob Morrow who tackles the role of criminal attorney Jimmy Brogan.
"Whole Truth", which could be premiered in Fall, is unique legal drama that chronicles the way a case is built from the perspective of both the defense and prosecution. Showing each side equally keeps the audience guessing, shifting allegiances and opinions on guilt or innocence until the very final scene.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video