Russell Crowe NOT Dead, Still Talking About Football
No, Russell Crowe is not dead. As on Thursday morning, June 10, the "Robin Hood" actor was widely reported dead after suffering a fatal fall while filming in a remote area of the Hahnenkamm mountains of Austria, his rep told Us Magazine the story was nothing but a hoax, insisting it is "not true."
Crowe's death rumor quickly spread around the internet after New York City radio station Z100 reported the fake news. However, Crowe's death hoax was another product of Fake A Fish, celeb fake news generator, which also reported that Kristen Stewart was "hospitalized after traffic altercation" in late April.
Crowe himself, during the height of the rumor, posted a message on his Twitter page, indicating that he was safe as he still talked about soccer and Australian rules football. The post read, "Have a great week in camp with the England team. All South's fans, players and admin very proud of you Headley."
Meanwhile, Crowe's previous message read, "Unable to answer tweets fell off a mountain in Austria,all over red rover. Don't know how i got there, but the media are never wrong.G'Bye." Other artists who also have been caught in a death prank include Whitney Houston's former husband Bobby Brown, Britney Spears, Eminem, George Clooney and Natalie Portman.
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon