Russell Crowe NOT Dead, Still Talking About Football
No, Russell Crowe is not dead. As on Thursday morning, June 10, the "Robin Hood" actor was widely reported dead after suffering a fatal fall while filming in a remote area of the Hahnenkamm mountains of Austria, his rep told Us Magazine the story was nothing but a hoax, insisting it is "not true."
Crowe's death rumor quickly spread around the internet after New York City radio station Z100 reported the fake news. However, Crowe's death hoax was another product of Fake A Fish, celeb fake news generator, which also reported that Kristen Stewart was "hospitalized after traffic altercation" in late April.
Crowe himself, during the height of the rumor, posted a message on his Twitter page, indicating that he was safe as he still talked about soccer and Australian rules football. The post read, "Have a great week in camp with the England team. All South's fans, players and admin very proud of you Headley."
Meanwhile, Crowe's previous message read, "Unable to answer tweets fell off a mountain in Austria,all over red rover. Don't know how i got there, but the media are never wrong.G'Bye." Other artists who also have been caught in a death prank include Whitney Houston's former husband Bobby Brown, Britney Spears, Eminem, George Clooney and Natalie Portman.
More Russell Crowe News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones