Sarah Drew to Be a Regular in 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 7
Sarah Drew's status on "Grey's Anatomy" has been upped to series regular. Following a number of departures from the cast ensemble such as Katherine Heigl, the show has been promoting more and more recurring cast to be a regular, the latest one being Drew.
The "Everwood" alumna plays Dr. April Kepner who is one of the four surgical residents from Mercy West Hospital introduced in the beginning of season 6. The other two transferred doctors have been axed in the killer season finale while Jesse Williams' Jackson Avery has been promoted to be a regular character first.
The deal to have Drew joining Ellen Pompeo and others was finalized on Wednesday, June 9 morning. Williams' deal meanwhile closed up just 48 hours in prior. Both will have more prominent role when the seventh season starts in September.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences