Sarah Drew to Be a Regular in 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 7
Sarah Drew's status on "Grey's Anatomy" has been upped to series regular. Following a number of departures from the cast ensemble such as Katherine Heigl, the show has been promoting more and more recurring cast to be a regular, the latest one being Drew.
The "Everwood" alumna plays Dr. April Kepner who is one of the four surgical residents from Mercy West Hospital introduced in the beginning of season 6. The other two transferred doctors have been axed in the killer season finale while Jesse Williams' Jackson Avery has been promoted to be a regular character first.
The deal to have Drew joining Ellen Pompeo and others was finalized on Wednesday, June 9 morning. Williams' deal meanwhile closed up just 48 hours in prior. Both will have more prominent role when the seventh season starts in September.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent