Sarah Drew to Be a Regular in 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 7
Sarah Drew's status on "Grey's Anatomy" has been upped to series regular. Following a number of departures from the cast ensemble such as Katherine Heigl, the show has been promoting more and more recurring cast to be a regular, the latest one being Drew.
The "Everwood" alumna plays Dr. April Kepner who is one of the four surgical residents from Mercy West Hospital introduced in the beginning of season 6. The other two transferred doctors have been axed in the killer season finale while Jesse Williams' Jackson Avery has been promoted to be a regular character first.
The deal to have Drew joining Ellen Pompeo and others was finalized on Wednesday, June 9 morning. Williams' deal meanwhile closed up just 48 hours in prior. Both will have more prominent role when the seventh season starts in September.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism