Sarah Drew to Be a Regular in 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 7
Sarah Drew's status on "Grey's Anatomy" has been upped to series regular. Following a number of departures from the cast ensemble such as Katherine Heigl, the show has been promoting more and more recurring cast to be a regular, the latest one being Drew.
The "Everwood" alumna plays Dr. April Kepner who is one of the four surgical residents from Mercy West Hospital introduced in the beginning of season 6. The other two transferred doctors have been axed in the killer season finale while Jesse Williams' Jackson Avery has been promoted to be a regular character first.
The deal to have Drew joining Ellen Pompeo and others was finalized on Wednesday, June 9 morning. Williams' deal meanwhile closed up just 48 hours in prior. Both will have more prominent role when the seventh season starts in September.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role