Tom Cruise Planning a Les Grossman Movie
At the 2010 MTV Movie Awards, Tom Cruise appeared as Les Grossman and joined Jennifer Lopez on the stage. Probably inspired by the success of the stunt, the actor has planned to make a movie based on the said character as he told E! Online backstage, "We're working on it. Yup, we're working on it."
Though it is not known whether or not Cruise was joking about making a new project focusing on the "Tropic Thunder" character, his appearance at the June 6 ceremony got warm reception. The "Mission Impossible" star additionally reprised his role of Grossman in a skit which opened the show and several promo videos for the same event.
Les Grossman is a fictional character which first appeared in 2008 movie "Tropic Thunder" starring Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr. and Jack Black. In the satire comedy, he is described as a foul-mouthed and hot-headed filmmaker who is executive producing a faux Vietnam War film.
Tom Cruise, in the meantime, is set to reprise his famous role of Ethan Hunt in "Mission: Impossible IV" which will be directed by Brad Bird. But before the fourth installment of the action movie franchise comes out in 2011, he can be seen playing alongside Cameron Diaz in "Knight & Day" which is due June 23 in the U.S.
More Tom Cruise News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says