Tom Cruise Planning a Les Grossman Movie
At the 2010 MTV Movie Awards, Tom Cruise appeared as Les Grossman and joined Jennifer Lopez on the stage. Probably inspired by the success of the stunt, the actor has planned to make a movie based on the said character as he told E! Online backstage, "We're working on it. Yup, we're working on it."
Though it is not known whether or not Cruise was joking about making a new project focusing on the "Tropic Thunder" character, his appearance at the June 6 ceremony got warm reception. The "Mission Impossible" star additionally reprised his role of Grossman in a skit which opened the show and several promo videos for the same event.
Les Grossman is a fictional character which first appeared in 2008 movie "Tropic Thunder" starring Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr. and Jack Black. In the satire comedy, he is described as a foul-mouthed and hot-headed filmmaker who is executive producing a faux Vietnam War film.
Tom Cruise, in the meantime, is set to reprise his famous role of Ethan Hunt in "Mission: Impossible IV" which will be directed by Brad Bird. But before the fourth installment of the action movie franchise comes out in 2011, he can be seen playing alongside Cameron Diaz in "Knight & Day" which is due June 23 in the U.S.
More Tom Cruise News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed