Tom Cruise Planning a Les Grossman Movie
At the 2010 MTV Movie Awards, Tom Cruise appeared as Les Grossman and joined Jennifer Lopez on the stage. Probably inspired by the success of the stunt, the actor has planned to make a movie based on the said character as he told E! Online backstage, "We're working on it. Yup, we're working on it."
Though it is not known whether or not Cruise was joking about making a new project focusing on the "Tropic Thunder" character, his appearance at the June 6 ceremony got warm reception. The "Mission Impossible" star additionally reprised his role of Grossman in a skit which opened the show and several promo videos for the same event.
Les Grossman is a fictional character which first appeared in 2008 movie "Tropic Thunder" starring Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr. and Jack Black. In the satire comedy, he is described as a foul-mouthed and hot-headed filmmaker who is executive producing a faux Vietnam War film.
Tom Cruise, in the meantime, is set to reprise his famous role of Ethan Hunt in "Mission: Impossible IV" which will be directed by Brad Bird. But before the fourth installment of the action movie franchise comes out in 2011, he can be seen playing alongside Cameron Diaz in "Knight & Day" which is due June 23 in the U.S.
More Tom Cruise News
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit