Stanley Tucci Is Captain America's 'Father'
Marvel Studios has cast Stanley Tucci to star in "Captain America: The First Avenger". The Hollywood Reporter says that the 49-year-old, who won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor through his performance in "The Lovely Bones", will take the role of Dr. Abraham Erskine and the studio has confirmed the news.
Tucci's character has a significant role in the story though he is likely to be killed off at the beginning of the movie. In the comics, Erskine is described as a German scientist behind Project Rebirth, the secret experiment that creates the Super Soldier known as Captain America. Shortly after successfully turning Steve Rogers into the superhero, Erskine was assassinated which means that no one else could receive his precious formula.
Still related to "Captain America" casting, Neal McDonough who recently was rumored to join the cast ensemble for the movie has confirmed his involvement. Met on the red carpet of 2010 MTV Movie Awards on Sunday, June 6 afternoon, the "Minority Report" star stated that he indeed will play Dum Dum Dugan.
Moreover, McDonough revealed that the Howling Commandos will be a part of the film, but suggested that their original name might change. "I'm not sure at this point. It may change - I'm reading a few things that it might change," he stated, before adding "But at this point, it still is. All I know is that I'm going to kick some butt and it's going to be a blast."
"The First Avenger: Captain America" follows Steve Rogers military service washout who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. Chris Evans has signed up to slip into the superhero's costume and Joe Johnston is on board to helm the movie. Shooting is expected to be kicked off this summer in England for July 22, 2011 U.S. release.
- Sean Spicer Eyed for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 25
- Paris Hilton Poses Half-Naked in Her Panties. See the Sexy Pic!
- Jennifer Aniston 'Humiliates' Jason Bateman at His Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony
- Warwick Davis Lands Role in 'Star Wars' Han Solo Movie
- Angelina Jolie Dishes on Brad Pitt Divorce and Bell's Palsy Diagnosis in New Honest Interview
- 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow': Find Out Who Will Play Season 3 Villain Kuasa
- 'Bond 25': Yann Demange, Denis Villeneuve and David Mackenzie Are Frontrunners to Direct
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Nearing a Greenlight, Mahershala Ali Set to Star