Video and Pictures: Justin Bieber's Free Concert at Rockefeller Center
Justin Bieber performed as part of "TODAY" Summer Concert Series on June 4, letting his "Fever" sweep people packed into the New York's Rockefeller Center. The 16-year-old singing sensation sang "My World 2.0" singles "Baby" and "Somebody to Love" as well as "The Karate Kid" soundtrack "Never Say Never".
Before the highly-anticipated performance, Jonah Hill and Elisabeth Moss came out, promoting their upcoming movie "Get Him to the Greek". However, the actors cut short their appearance when the screaming teenagers seemed to lose their patience and started to scream Justin's name as loud as they could. Standing next to Elisabeth who covered her ears, Jonah shouted, "Excuse me, I need to go see Justin Bieber!"
Justin himself told Matt Lauer about his meteoric fame in a pre-performance interview. He said, "It's pretty crazy that now I go out and I'm always asked for autographs and stuff, but it's kind of what I signed up for." Asked where he sees himself in five years, he gushed, "I want to be an artist that doesn't just come out with one song and they're done. I want to be able to, you know, like you said, have longevity -- have my fans grow with me and not just be a teen artist but kind of move up and be an adult artist."
One day prior, hundred fans reportedly camped outside the Rockefeller Center in anticipation of the free gig. MTV reported that by Thursday evening, June 3, people lining the street already spanned a couple of blocks.
More Justin Bieber News
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'