'Chuck' Season 3 Finale and Creator's Explanation
"Chuck" wrapped the third season with a two-hour season finale filled with both action scenes and emotional ones. [Spoiler Alert] Finally, everyone close to Chuck knows the truth about his secret life as a spy for the last one in the family, Ellie, found out that his baby brother is not only a Buy More employee.
Chuck and Team Bartowski were able to track down where Ellie was held as hostage. Upon recovered from The Ring's capture Ellie's reaction was rather comical, saying "Chuck, I thought you quit kung fu in the third grade." That was before she found out that she was the last to know.
In an interview with HitFix, creator Chris Fedak said, "A spy show without secrets isn't much of a spy show. But what I would also say is we're not going to be telling the same story in season four. Obviously, Ellie's discovery of Chuck's spy life changes things. And it's going to change the complexion of the show."
And then come the big story changer. Chuck turned around to save Sarah and indirectly got his father killed. Bartowski Sr. may be dead but this doesn't mean the last appearance of Scott Bakula because the ending concerned a lot more of the Bartowski family's secret. Fedak said he would love Bakula back to reprise his role.
Chuck found out his father's files in his childhood home's basement where his dad has been doing some research. In a message, Bartowksi Sr. said, "Chuck, it's time you learn about your family. Because I did it all for her." This cut to the flashback of Mary Elizabeth Bartowski aka Chuck and Ellie's mother.
Since the mother story never surfaced before, no actress has been attached to the role. "We are currently on the hunt, much like Chuck, for his mother," Fedak confirmed. "...We're definitely looking for the perfect person to play Chuck's mom. We're using Bakula as a model for who we try to cast. It's going to be a big part of season four."
As for Buy More store being blown up to pieces and Jeffster made fugitives, Fedak revealed that it's not the end of Jeff, Lester and Big Mike. "It would be hard for me to imagine the 'Chuck' show without those guys," he said.
More Chuck News
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair