'Chuck' Season 3 Finale and Creator's Explanation
"Chuck" wrapped the third season with a two-hour season finale filled with both action scenes and emotional ones. [Spoiler Alert] Finally, everyone close to Chuck knows the truth about his secret life as a spy for the last one in the family, Ellie, found out that his baby brother is not only a Buy More employee.
Chuck and Team Bartowski were able to track down where Ellie was held as hostage. Upon recovered from The Ring's capture Ellie's reaction was rather comical, saying "Chuck, I thought you quit kung fu in the third grade." That was before she found out that she was the last to know.
In an interview with HitFix, creator Chris Fedak said, "A spy show without secrets isn't much of a spy show. But what I would also say is we're not going to be telling the same story in season four. Obviously, Ellie's discovery of Chuck's spy life changes things. And it's going to change the complexion of the show."
And then come the big story changer. Chuck turned around to save Sarah and indirectly got his father killed. Bartowski Sr. may be dead but this doesn't mean the last appearance of Scott Bakula because the ending concerned a lot more of the Bartowski family's secret. Fedak said he would love Bakula back to reprise his role.
Chuck found out his father's files in his childhood home's basement where his dad has been doing some research. In a message, Bartowksi Sr. said, "Chuck, it's time you learn about your family. Because I did it all for her." This cut to the flashback of Mary Elizabeth Bartowski aka Chuck and Ellie's mother.
Since the mother story never surfaced before, no actress has been attached to the role. "We are currently on the hunt, much like Chuck, for his mother," Fedak confirmed. "...We're definitely looking for the perfect person to play Chuck's mom. We're using Bakula as a model for who we try to cast. It's going to be a big part of season four."
As for Buy More store being blown up to pieces and Jeffster made fugitives, Fedak revealed that it's not the end of Jeff, Lester and Big Mike. "It would be hard for me to imagine the 'Chuck' show without those guys," he said.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri