'Glee' Officially Picked Up for Third Season
The first season of "Glee" hasn't been wrapped and the second season is yet to air, but the TV series has gotten early season 3 pick-up. "In just one year, Glee has transcended the television landscape and emerged as a global pop culture phenomenon," Peter Rice, Chairman of Fox Networks, said in a statement.
When the musical starring Jane Lynch, Matthew Morrison and Lea Michele was premiered in May 2009, it received around 9.6 million viewers. And now, it has become the No. 1 new scripted series among adults 18-49 and adults 18-34, according to Entertainment Weekly.
"Everything about Glee - from the concept to the characters to the marketing - has been innovative and risky, but with [series creator] Ryan Murphy tapping into the zeitgeist, the risk has paid off with this truly remarkable series. Glee has one of the most active, devoted fan bases I've ever seen, and we couldn't be more thrilled to give Gleeks a third season of their favorite show," Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly stated.
Moreover, Murphy also offered his comment, "It's been a whirlwind year - from shooting the pilot to performing at the White House to the concert tour that began last week - and yet we all feel like we've just begun this amazing musical journey. We think our Gleeks worldwide are going to love what we'll have in store for them in seasons two and three."
"Glee" will wrap its first season on Tuesday, June 8 in an episode titled "Journey". The team's chances at Regionals are threatened when Sue pulls a fast one; Quinn's life is forever changed. Josh Groban will make a cameo appearance in this finale.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift