Robyn Dancing on Her Own in New Music Video
Robyn is captured as a lonesome in various scenes of her "Dancing on My Own" music video. It's directed by Max Vitali and also follows the Grammy-nominated singer hitting a crowded party with some of the clubgoers making out around her.
"It's going to be looking a little bit like what I'm going to bring on tour," the 30-year-old singer said about the clip. "So it's a performance video but it's also going to be in I guess something like a rave or like a club or somewhere where people are dancing." She was inspired by "sad, gay disco anthems such as Ultravox's 'Dancing With Tears in My Eyes', Sylvester, and Donna Summer."
"Dancing on My Own" is taken from Robyn's forthcoming studio album "Body Talk Pt. 1" which is due June 15. In support of the summer release, she will embark on a joint tour with Kelis. They announced the gig in a heart-to-heart conversation on Twitter.
Robyn first tweeted, "Hey mama, I'm bored. U feel like doing something?" Kelis then replied, "Love to. Thinking it'd be fun 2 hit the road together? I'll bring the lasers, confetti. Let's do it!" To this post, Robyn was quick to respond, "That's what I'm thinking. I got my strobes ready & some new dancing shoes as well. We could do this!"
Kelis wrote her back, "GLORIOUS! I'll bring the lasers, confetti. Let's do it!" Robyn asked about what they should call the jaunt and Kelis answered, "Lets call it All Hearts. What do you think?" While Robyn is promoting "Body Talk", Kelis is on board to support her fifth effort "Flesh Tone".
Robyn's "Dancing on My Own" music video
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?