'True Blood': Theaters Screening and Secret Clip
Before "True Blood" kicks off its third season on June 13, HBO will treat the show's fans with a wider screen. There will be special midnight events at 50 movie theaters across the country on June 1 that includes the screening of season 2 finale and an extended preview of season 3. Additionally, creator Alan Ball and some of the cast members would be present for a Q & A session.
Doors are opened at 11 P.M. EST or 8 P.M. PT. Fans are not charged for this attendance because HBO said that the event is a reward to passionate fan base who made the show a hit last year. However, getting the ticket is not as easy for it's available through several promotions and contests which information are available at HBO homepage and True Blood Facebook page.
To win VIP passes, fans will be asked to register by "coming out" as either a vampire, shapeshifter, werewolf or fangbanger. Prior to the events, fans will have the opportunity to submit questions through True Bloods official Facebook and Twitter presences. For those who can't make it to the local screenings, the Q & A will also be streamed live on HBO.com and the True Blood Facebook page.
"These fan experiences will allow thousands of our most dedicated viewers to gather together to watch True Blood and give them a chance to discuss the show they love with some of its most popular stars," Zach Enterlin, Vice President of Advertising & Promotions for HBO said.
On another interactive news, HBO would include an exclusive clip of season 3 in the season finale of "Lost" on Sunday, May 23. Fans located in NYC, L.A. and Philadelphia should crack a QR code embedded in a "True Blood" commercial during the broadcast. For the NYC and Philly, the ad will appear at approximately 11:15 P.M. EST while for L.A., it will appear at approximately 10:55 P.M. PT.
Viewers should DVR the "Lost" series finale and take a picture of the QR code with a smartphone as it appears on screen during the ad. Then use a QR code reader such as i-nigma or NeoReader on the smartphone to read the code.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance