Taylor Swift Wins Song of the Year at 2010 BMI Pop Music Awards
Taylor Swift is one of the lucky musicians who walked home with a trophy at the May 18 ceremony of BMI Pop Music Awards. The country music singer was handed a kudo for Song of the Year, thanks to her hit single "Love Story". This achievement made her the youngest writer ever to win the coveted prize.
"I just really like to write songs about boys," Swift said during her acceptance speech in front of the crowd packed into the Beverly Wilshire Hotel. She described the self-penned track "the one epic teenage tantrum" she ever threw in her life. She added, "So thanks for rewarding that behavior."
In addition to Taylor Swift, there were also RedOne and Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp who won Songwriter of the Year and Publisher of the Year respectively. RedOne was honored for his work on Sean Kingston's "Fire Burning" and Lady GaGa's "Just Dance", "LoveGame" and "Poker Face", while Warner-Tamerlane received the nod for 12 awarded songs, including Britney Spears' "Circus".
A special honoree of Wednesday night was John Fogerty. He was named BMI Icon and saluted by a group of musicians who delivered a medley of his most popular hits, including "Travelin' Band", "Green River", "Up Around the Bend", "Bad Moon Rising" and "Proud Mary".
More Taylor Swift News
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!