Megan Fox Out of 'Transformers 3' on Her Own Request
There won't be Megan Fox in "Transformers 3". Deadline Hollywood has reported the actress will not reprise her role as Mikaela Banes in the upcoming film, citing that it was ultimately director Michael Bay's decision.
Soon after, Fox has confirmed that she indeed left the franchise, but denied speculation she was fired. "Megan Fox will not be starring in 'Transformers 3'," her representative states as quoted by People. "It was her decision not to return. She wishes the franchise the best."
Bay, writer Ehren Kruger and Paramount Pictures are now finishing the script for the third "Transformers" film and plan to take the story "in another direction", an insider says. Shia LaBeouf's Sam Witwicky will reportedly get a new love interest that "makes more sense for the story" and the helmer will soon start casting for the new female lead.
Megan Fox's departure from "Transformers 3" is shocking and considered unusual since the movie has begun shooting this month. Moreover, the 24-year-old beauty was recently spotted on the set in Los Angeles allegedly for previz shots.
Despite the news of Fox dropping out of the film, this follow up to "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is still slated for July 1, 2011 release in the U.S.
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks