Megan Fox Out of 'Transformers 3' on Her Own Request
There won't be Megan Fox in "Transformers 3". Deadline Hollywood has reported the actress will not reprise her role as Mikaela Banes in the upcoming film, citing that it was ultimately director Michael Bay's decision.
Soon after, Fox has confirmed that she indeed left the franchise, but denied speculation she was fired. "Megan Fox will not be starring in 'Transformers 3'," her representative states as quoted by People. "It was her decision not to return. She wishes the franchise the best."
Bay, writer Ehren Kruger and Paramount Pictures are now finishing the script for the third "Transformers" film and plan to take the story "in another direction", an insider says. Shia LaBeouf's Sam Witwicky will reportedly get a new love interest that "makes more sense for the story" and the helmer will soon start casting for the new female lead.
Megan Fox's departure from "Transformers 3" is shocking and considered unusual since the movie has begun shooting this month. Moreover, the 24-year-old beauty was recently spotted on the set in Los Angeles allegedly for previz shots.
Despite the news of Fox dropping out of the film, this follow up to "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is still slated for July 1, 2011 release in the U.S.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2