Megan Fox Out of 'Transformers 3' on Her Own Request
There won't be Megan Fox in "Transformers 3". Deadline Hollywood has reported the actress will not reprise her role as Mikaela Banes in the upcoming film, citing that it was ultimately director Michael Bay's decision.
Soon after, Fox has confirmed that she indeed left the franchise, but denied speculation she was fired. "Megan Fox will not be starring in 'Transformers 3'," her representative states as quoted by People. "It was her decision not to return. She wishes the franchise the best."
Bay, writer Ehren Kruger and Paramount Pictures are now finishing the script for the third "Transformers" film and plan to take the story "in another direction", an insider says. Shia LaBeouf's Sam Witwicky will reportedly get a new love interest that "makes more sense for the story" and the helmer will soon start casting for the new female lead.
Megan Fox's departure from "Transformers 3" is shocking and considered unusual since the movie has begun shooting this month. Moreover, the 24-year-old beauty was recently spotted on the set in Los Angeles allegedly for previz shots.
Despite the news of Fox dropping out of the film, this follow up to "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is still slated for July 1, 2011 release in the U.S.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7