Video: Jay-Z's Performance on 'Saturday Night Live'
Jay-Z gave an 8-minute performance on "Saturday Night Live" in the episode where Betty White was tapped as a host for the first time. Dressed in white T-shirt, biker vest, jeans and Timberland boots, the rapper delivered a medley of his five hit songs on Saturday, May 8 and a closing song later in the evening.
Introduced by White herself, Jay-Z began with "Public Service Announcement" before moving forward with "On to the Next One", "99 Problems", "Me and My Girlfriend" sans Beyonce Knowles and "Empire State of Mind" sans Alicia Keys. However his protege Bridget Kelly provided the voice for Keys' part in "Empire".
All the while, his Roc Boys band and engineer Young Guru were in the background providing the music. Later that night, he returned to the stage for a second performance, singing "Young Forever" which he dedicated to "the most incredible Betty White". Both White and Jay-Z came out together later with his hand around her shoulder while White delivered her sign off speech.
More Jay-Z News
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer