Video: Jay-Z's Performance on 'Saturday Night Live'
Jay-Z gave an 8-minute performance on "Saturday Night Live" in the episode where Betty White was tapped as a host for the first time. Dressed in white T-shirt, biker vest, jeans and Timberland boots, the rapper delivered a medley of his five hit songs on Saturday, May 8 and a closing song later in the evening.
Introduced by White herself, Jay-Z began with "Public Service Announcement" before moving forward with "On to the Next One", "99 Problems", "Me and My Girlfriend" sans Beyonce Knowles and "Empire State of Mind" sans Alicia Keys. However his protege Bridget Kelly provided the voice for Keys' part in "Empire".
All the while, his Roc Boys band and engineer Young Guru were in the background providing the music. Later that night, he returned to the stage for a second performance, singing "Young Forever" which he dedicated to "the most incredible Betty White". Both White and Jay-Z came out together later with his hand around her shoulder while White delivered her sign off speech.
More Jay-Z News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage