Video: Jay-Z's Performance on 'Saturday Night Live'
Jay-Z gave an 8-minute performance on "Saturday Night Live" in the episode where Betty White was tapped as a host for the first time. Dressed in white T-shirt, biker vest, jeans and Timberland boots, the rapper delivered a medley of his five hit songs on Saturday, May 8 and a closing song later in the evening.
Introduced by White herself, Jay-Z began with "Public Service Announcement" before moving forward with "On to the Next One", "99 Problems", "Me and My Girlfriend" sans Beyonce Knowles and "Empire State of Mind" sans Alicia Keys. However his protege Bridget Kelly provided the voice for Keys' part in "Empire".
All the while, his Roc Boys band and engineer Young Guru were in the background providing the music. Later that night, he returned to the stage for a second performance, singing "Young Forever" which he dedicated to "the most incredible Betty White". Both White and Jay-Z came out together later with his hand around her shoulder while White delivered her sign off speech.
More Jay-Z News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour