Randy Jackson Launches Dance Label, Signing 'American Idol' Alum
In a press release, Randy Jackson announced the launch of his new dance label called DreamMerchant21. The first artist signed to the recording company is Kimberley Locke, the former contestant of "American Idol" season 2.
The label was launched to "serve all facets of the dance community as he sees the genre of dance at the forefront of today's music trends." Randy said, "I feel compelled with the music that I am hearing in 2010 to start this kind of label. I want to make a difference within this genre and bring good energy and great music to all!"
The first single from Kimberley Locke which is released via Randy's label is called "Strobelight". Commenting on the song, Kimberley told Plus Model Magazine, "It's fun, its upbeat and I suspect we will all be working out to it at the gym and dancing to it at the clubs."
One of the song's producers Tony Moran additionally stated, "We are proud to know that such a gifted artist whose star is rising higher can share that star with us on the dance floor!" He continued, "There is no better way to get intimate with an artist than to hear that artist bare, without music for a moment to carry her message through melody, soul, and effort."
Kimberley Locke's "Strobelight" has been made available for purchase on iTunes and can be streamed on her MySpace.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie