Randy Jackson Launches Dance Label, Signing 'American Idol' Alum
In a press release, Randy Jackson announced the launch of his new dance label called DreamMerchant21. The first artist signed to the recording company is Kimberley Locke, the former contestant of "American Idol" season 2.
The label was launched to "serve all facets of the dance community as he sees the genre of dance at the forefront of today's music trends." Randy said, "I feel compelled with the music that I am hearing in 2010 to start this kind of label. I want to make a difference within this genre and bring good energy and great music to all!"
The first single from Kimberley Locke which is released via Randy's label is called "Strobelight". Commenting on the song, Kimberley told Plus Model Magazine, "It's fun, its upbeat and I suspect we will all be working out to it at the gym and dancing to it at the clubs."
One of the song's producers Tony Moran additionally stated, "We are proud to know that such a gifted artist whose star is rising higher can share that star with us on the dance floor!" He continued, "There is no better way to get intimate with an artist than to hear that artist bare, without music for a moment to carry her message through melody, soul, and effort."
Kimberley Locke's "Strobelight" has been made available for purchase on iTunes and can be streamed on her MySpace.
More Randy Jackson News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'