Taylor Momsen Reacts to Courtney Love Comparison
In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Taylor Momsen responded to people comparing her to fellow singer Courtney Love. "I don't wanna be Courtney Love - I wanna be Kurt Cobain. He's brilliant and his songs are genius," she said.
"The Hole records are great," Taylor continued. "Everyone always compares me to Courtney Love because they think we like dress the same and we both have blond hair, wear lipstick and dresses. But I'm sorry, don't a lot of girls dress like that? I look at Nirvana. I don't look at Hole."
On her debut album, she eyes it to be released in summer, adding "We wrote it as a record, so every song is part of a bigger thing." Beside prepping for an album, she has also recorded "Kick-Ass" soundtrack called "Make Me Wanna Die" with her band The Pretty Reckless.
"It's a tragic love song. It's Romeo and Juliet - can't live without your lover so you die," she commented on the song. "It's the Pretty Reckless' first single. We just shot a video for it, but I don't wanna say too much. It fits the song. It's very dark."
When pressed with question surrounding her co-star Leighton Meester's music career, Taylor refused to give comment, "I'm not really close with my cast. We're all cordial and nice to each other, but we're not really friends outside of the set. And we're doing a different thing: She's putting out a pop record, which is awesome."
Taylor Momsen has been rumored for quite sometime to have beef with Leighton Meester. She is allegedly not happy when Leighton's song "Somebody to Love" was featured in an episode of their TV series "Gossip Girl", while her own tune was snubbed.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics