In Pic: Alan Jackson Receiving His Hollywood Star
Surrounded by his girls, Alan Jackson received the 2405th star on Hollywood Walk of Fame on Friday, April 16. The country music singer was honored with his own plaque while he was in town to promote his latest album "Freight Train".
In attendance to witness him being honored were his wife Denise Jackson, daughters Dani, Mattie and Ali as well as Shawn Jackson aka the ambassador of country music. "This is a legendary piece of concrete and I feel humbled and honored to be given this award," Alan said during the ceremony in front of Hard Rock Hollywood.
Immediately after the ceremony ended, Alan moved the celebration to the street at the Hotel Cafe. In a small-scale concert, he treated several dozen fans with an 80-minute set containing 21 songs from his old records and "Freight Train".
Just one day before he was due to receive his star, the Grammy-winning singer talked to reporters how he felt being given his own star. Saying he just didn't feel "qualify", Alan added, "I didn't know they put music people on there much, but now I've learned that they do. I think it's a very special honor for a country singer like me, where I come from. ...My family for years can come to Los Angeles and see that star and step right on it. That's very cool."
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated