In Pic: Alan Jackson Receiving His Hollywood Star
Surrounded by his girls, Alan Jackson received the 2405th star on Hollywood Walk of Fame on Friday, April 16. The country music singer was honored with his own plaque while he was in town to promote his latest album "Freight Train".
In attendance to witness him being honored were his wife Denise Jackson, daughters Dani, Mattie and Ali as well as Shawn Jackson aka the ambassador of country music. "This is a legendary piece of concrete and I feel humbled and honored to be given this award," Alan said during the ceremony in front of Hard Rock Hollywood.
Immediately after the ceremony ended, Alan moved the celebration to the street at the Hotel Cafe. In a small-scale concert, he treated several dozen fans with an 80-minute set containing 21 songs from his old records and "Freight Train".
Just one day before he was due to receive his star, the Grammy-winning singer talked to reporters how he felt being given his own star. Saying he just didn't feel "qualify", Alan added, "I didn't know they put music people on there much, but now I've learned that they do. I think it's a very special honor for a country singer like me, where I come from. ...My family for years can come to Los Angeles and see that star and step right on it. That's very cool."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier