In Pic: Alan Jackson Receiving His Hollywood Star
Surrounded by his girls, Alan Jackson received the 2405th star on Hollywood Walk of Fame on Friday, April 16. The country music singer was honored with his own plaque while he was in town to promote his latest album "Freight Train".
In attendance to witness him being honored were his wife Denise Jackson, daughters Dani, Mattie and Ali as well as Shawn Jackson aka the ambassador of country music. "This is a legendary piece of concrete and I feel humbled and honored to be given this award," Alan said during the ceremony in front of Hard Rock Hollywood.
Immediately after the ceremony ended, Alan moved the celebration to the street at the Hotel Cafe. In a small-scale concert, he treated several dozen fans with an 80-minute set containing 21 songs from his old records and "Freight Train".
Just one day before he was due to receive his star, the Grammy-winning singer talked to reporters how he felt being given his own star. Saying he just didn't feel "qualify", Alan added, "I didn't know they put music people on there much, but now I've learned that they do. I think it's a very special honor for a country singer like me, where I come from. ...My family for years can come to Los Angeles and see that star and step right on it. That's very cool."
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones