Teri Hatcher and Co. Defend 'Desperate' Creator Against Nicollette Sheridan
Four women of "Desperate Housewives" are standing behind creator Marc Chery who is the subject of Nicollette Sheridan's lawsuit. On Tuesday, April 13, Marcia Cross, Eva Longoria, Felicity Huffman and Teri Hatcher released a statement that gives contradiction to what Nicollette said.
"It would be irresponsible of us to let the public believe that being a part of this show from its inception has been anything but a blessing," they said in the collective statement. "We have no first-hand knowledge of what Nicolette may or may not have experienced, but we would never characterize our set as a hostile environment. It is, in fact, the opposite."
"The friendships and support that Marc Cherry, the cast, the crew and the producers have shared for the past six years have made this a wonderful job that we are grateful for every day."
Nicollette said in her lawsuit that Marc has struck her in the head and created hostile environment for the cast and crew. She mentioned an incident when Teri reported Marc to ABC and the showrunner told Nicollette, "I hope Teri Hatcher gets hit by a car and dies."
Since her name is brought up in the legal case, Teri released a personal statement to clear the air. "I'm honored to stand with Eva, Felicity and Marcia, as a group and clarify that our set environment is nothing less than an amazingly positive experience. I have never felt discriminated against. In fact, I have felt heard and respected by Marc and other executives in regards to both my professional and personal needs," she said.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media