Devoted Couple Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy Ends Their Romance
Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy, who are always pictured as Hollywood's happiest and devoted couple, have come up with a decision to end their five years of romance. The sad news was announced by the couple themselves via Twitter. On Tuesday, March 6, around 2 P.M., the 48-year-old actor tweeted, "Jenny and I have just ended our 5yr relationship. I'm grateful 4 the many blessings we've shared and I wish her the very best! S'okay! ?;^>."
An hour later, McCarthy addressed the separation on her Twitter page, revealing that she will always love Carrey's daughter, Jane Erin Carrey, who gave birth to the actor's first grandchild in February. The 37-year-old model/actress wrote, "Im so grateful for the years Jim and I had together. I will stay committed to Jane and will always keep Jim as a leading man in my heart."
Also confirming the break-up, McCarthy's representative told People, "Jim and Jenny have recently decided to end their five-year relationship."
Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy began dating in December 2005 and during her appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on April 2, 2008, the "Wieners" actress revealed that she and the "Yes Man" actor had lived together but had no marriage plan. Carrey himself has a close relationship with her son, Evan Joseph, who was diagnosed with autism.
"He taught me how to love," Carrey said about Joseph during a march in the streets of Washington, D.C. in June 2008. "And without Evan I might never have seen the greatness of Jenny's spirit." McCarthy was also grateful for having a partner who can deal with something that most men would turn down. "[He has the] capacity to love and to take on something that most men would completely run away from," she shared.
More Jim Carrey News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed