Chris Evans Close to Nab 'Captain America' Lead Role
Captain America could end up played by Chris Evans. According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the 28-year-old hunk who was recently added to the list of possible depicter of the superhero in "The First Avenger: Captain America" has been offered a deal by Marvel Studios to tackle the coveted role.
If the information told by some sources to the site is indeed true, then it is now up to Evans to decide whether he wants to take the job or not. However, both the studio and the "Push" actor's rep have not given any comment regarding the news.
The news from THR came out just few hours after IESB claimed they got information from insiders at Marvel Studios that the short list of "Captain America" was down to three. Beside Evans, those who were still considered to play the titular character include Channing Tatum and Sebastian Stan.
While Marvel has yet to confirm who is cast as Captain America, previously there has been rumor which mentions that Hugo Weaving is in talks to be the movie villain, Red Skull. Moreover, Keira Knightley, Alice Eve and Emily Blunt are reportedly under consideration to be the leading lady.
"The First Avenger: Captain America" will center its story on Steve Rogers military service washout who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. Joe Johnston is already hired to direct this action movie which is planned to start shooting in June this year for July 22, 2011 release in the U.S.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed