Robert Downey Jr. to Join 3D Space Film
With "Iron Man 2" in post-production stage, Robert Downey Jr. is expected to hop on the next project by "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" helmer, Alfonso Cuaron. The actor is in negotiation to star as the male lead character of "Gravity", a 3D space film produced by Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures.
Should the deal go through, then Downey will be the team leader of a group who is posted at a remote space station, Deadline who was first to break the casting news said. In the script written by Cuaron and his son Jonas, Downey's character and a female colleague will travel outside the space station while the other members "are decimated by debris from an exploded satellite."
Universal actually had eyed the project back then with Angelina Jolie as the potential female lead trying to come home to Earth and her daughter. However, both Jolie and Universal passed it up and the project was eventually picked up by WB.
"Gravity" will be shooting in London this summer, just before "Sherlock Holmes 2" starts shooting in early fall.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding