Robert Downey Jr. to Join 3D Space Film
With "Iron Man 2" in post-production stage, Robert Downey Jr. is expected to hop on the next project by "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" helmer, Alfonso Cuaron. The actor is in negotiation to star as the male lead character of "Gravity", a 3D space film produced by Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures.
Should the deal go through, then Downey will be the team leader of a group who is posted at a remote space station, Deadline who was first to break the casting news said. In the script written by Cuaron and his son Jonas, Downey's character and a female colleague will travel outside the space station while the other members "are decimated by debris from an exploded satellite."
Universal actually had eyed the project back then with Angelina Jolie as the potential female lead trying to come home to Earth and her daughter. However, both Jolie and Universal passed it up and the project was eventually picked up by WB.
"Gravity" will be shooting in London this summer, just before "Sherlock Holmes 2" starts shooting in early fall.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen