Lloyd Confirms New Deal With Interscope, Previewing New Song
Almost six months after leaving Irv Gotti's The Inc., Lloyd finally has found a new home to release his next album. He revealed that Lil Wayne had approached him but the deal didn't work out, so he jumped to the opportunity of signing a contract with Interscope Records.
"Baby and Wayne were definitely the first people to reach out to me. I talked to them about a deal. That's who I thought I'd end up with in my heart," he told MTV. "The problem is that Young Money/Cash Money is exclusive to Universal/Motown. As you and I know, that's where I did my last two albums. I wasn't excited about going back. I tried to do a Young Money/Cash Money deal through another distributor, but it couldn't be done. At the end of the day, I'm still family, though."
In further statement, he dished on his new album, saying "I don't feel the need to rush to release an album. It'll be out later this year. I got a couple of title options, but I'm not 100 percent sure yet." He then continued on talking about his new home, "I love the way Interscope gets down. I love the way Jimmy [Iovine, label head] gets down. I've always had a good working relationship with Polow [da Don, producer]."
Though he will take his time in making new album, Llyod is determined to release a new song soon. "I had two major goals in 2009," he confessed. "One was to get off the Inc., which I did. The other was to get back on radio and TV, which I did with 'Bedrock'." A new song from this artist indeed have been clipped for listening pleasure. The track is titled "Set Me Free" and features Mystikal.
"Set Me Free" clip:
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences