Lloyd Confirms New Deal With Interscope, Previewing New Song
Almost six months after leaving Irv Gotti's The Inc., Lloyd finally has found a new home to release his next album. He revealed that Lil Wayne had approached him but the deal didn't work out, so he jumped to the opportunity of signing a contract with Interscope Records.
"Baby and Wayne were definitely the first people to reach out to me. I talked to them about a deal. That's who I thought I'd end up with in my heart," he told MTV. "The problem is that Young Money/Cash Money is exclusive to Universal/Motown. As you and I know, that's where I did my last two albums. I wasn't excited about going back. I tried to do a Young Money/Cash Money deal through another distributor, but it couldn't be done. At the end of the day, I'm still family, though."
In further statement, he dished on his new album, saying "I don't feel the need to rush to release an album. It'll be out later this year. I got a couple of title options, but I'm not 100 percent sure yet." He then continued on talking about his new home, "I love the way Interscope gets down. I love the way Jimmy [Iovine, label head] gets down. I've always had a good working relationship with Polow [da Don, producer]."
Though he will take his time in making new album, Llyod is determined to release a new song soon. "I had two major goals in 2009," he confessed. "One was to get off the Inc., which I did. The other was to get back on radio and TV, which I did with 'Bedrock'." A new song from this artist indeed have been clipped for listening pleasure. The track is titled "Set Me Free" and features Mystikal.
"Set Me Free" clip:
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby