2010 Oscars: Jeff Bridges and Sandra Bullock Sweep Top Honors
As the March 7 ceremony of the 82nd Annual Academy Awards comes closer to its end, top honors are revealed one by one. And, it starts when the likes of Michelle Pfeiffer, Vera Farmiga, Julianne Moore, Tim Robbins, and Colin Farrell appearing before the attendees.
They introduce the contenders for Best Actor; Morgan Freeman, Jeff Bridges, George Clooney, Colin Firth and Jeremy Renner. Afterwards, last year's best actress Kate Winslet hands the prize to Jeff for his performance as Bad Blake in "Crazy Heart".
"Thank you, mom and dad, for turning me on to such a groovy profession," the actor said when collecting the award. "My dad and my mom, they loved show biz so much. I remember my mom, getting all of us kids to entertain at her parties. .... This is honoring them as much as it is me." Also thanking all people supporting him, his wife and children, he receives standing ovation from the audience.
After a commercial break, Oprah Winfrey takes the stage with companion from Forest Whitaker, Michael Sheen, Stanley Tucci and Peter Sarsgaard. They introduce Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, Helen Mirren, Gabourey Sidibe and Carey Mulligan as the nominees of Best Actress.
Presented by last year's Best Actor Sean Penn, the award goes to Sandra Bullock for her portrayal as Leigh Anne Touhy in "The Blind Side". She begins her speech, "Did I really earn this or did I just wear y'all down?"
Just before the Oscars gala, the actress was named Worst Actress at this year's Razzie Awards for her performance in "All About Steve" and receives Worst Couple dishonor along with her co-star Bradley Cooper.
2010 Oscars: Photo Gallery | Winners List
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon