2010 Oscars: Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart Pay Homage to Horrors
Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart teamed up to introduce a homage to horror films which are often excluded from prestigious awards, even the Oscars. This special clip is made to serve Oscars producers Adam Shankman and Bill Mechanic's mission to celebrate the year in movies.
"Although the most popular genre of film is horror, and although it gave a start of career to a lot of people in this room, somehow it doesn't command to the respect it deserves," Lautner said. "It's been 37 years since horror has its place on the show, when 'The Exorcist' picked up two Academy Awards," Stewart chimed in before clearing her throat.
The montage then plays clips of "Jaws", "Sleepy Hollow", "The Ring", "Scream" and also Lautner and Stewart's co-starring film "Twilight".
Just before Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart came on the stage, hosts Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin presented a spoof of horror film "Paranormal Activity".
The 82nd Annual Academy Awards is taking place at Kodak Theater, Hollywood on Sunday, March 7. ABC is airing the gala live.
2010 Oscars: Photo Gallery | Winners List
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding