2010 Oscars: 'Avatar' and 'Young Victoria' Take One Prize Each
Receiving multiple nominations, "Avatar" has already taken one prize at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards. The James Cameron-directed sci-fi gets its first kudo that night for Best Achievement in Art Direction category, presenting the award to art directors Rick Carter and Robert Stromberg as well as set director Kim Sinclair.
"The Young Victoria", which is pushed aside by "Avatar" for Best Art Direction prize, has also grabbed one kudo at the ceremony. This drama comes out as the winner in Best Achievement in Costume Design, giving the honor to Sandy Powell. "I already have two of these, so I'm feeling greedy," she says when receiving the awards, referring to her previous wins for "The Aviator" and "Shakespeare in Love"
Already leading the winners at the 2010 Oscars is "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" with two gongs. The Lee Daniels-directed movie aids its scribe Geoffrey Fletcher to collect Best Adapted Screenplay kudo and its actress Mo'Nique to win Best Supporting Actress gong.
2010 Oscars: Photo Gallery | Winners List
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass