Video Premiere: Lil Wayne's 'Drop the World' Feat. Eminem
"Drop the World" music video which was supposed to be premiered on March 11 has been debuted days earlier than the schedule. Rap moguls Lil Wayne and Eminem appear on the street among a gang of people running wild from every direction. Broken glasses shatter on the ground and fire set ablaze, giving a chaotic scene.
The video features cameo from Birdman and is directed by Chris Robinson. "As a director, it's how do you, more than anything, combine these two artists together and create something that's special. ... And for me, I almost take it like a feature film: How did [Martin] Scorsese put Jack Nicholson and Leonardo DiCaprio in the same movie?" he told MTV about the concept.
"You got two guys who are basically huge supernovas coming together, and the way that the song is constructed is great," he continued. "Because unless you see it coming, you don't know Eminem is on the track. The first two hooks and the first two verses are all Wayne, and it's kind of a surprise when Eminem comes through, and we matched it visually how Eminem enters the piece."
"Drop the World" comes from Lil Wayne's first rock-inspired studio album "Rebirth". Its music video is one of the many videos which will be debuted to keep Weezy "visible" on TV once he stays in jail.
More Lil Wayne News
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?