Video: Nick Jonas Helps Saving Music Education in Schools
Nick Jonas delivers message in a PSA for Battle of the Bands music campaign, explaining why music matters for students. The Jonas Brothers' drummer/backing vocalist encourages people to help saving music education as school budgets are being slashed nationwide.
"Music inspires creativity and keeps kids in school," the 17-year-old musician said in the video. "But there are thousands of students who do not have access to the benefits of music education. Don't let our music be silenced."
In addition to raising awareness for music education, Nick Jonas also invites teenagers to create and submit a video of their garage band, glee club, freestyle, orchestra, or any other musical performance. The winners will be selected by a panel of expert and celebrity judges and flown to NYC to perform in front of music execs at Apollo Theater.
This effort is a partnership between DoSomething.org and the VH1 Save The Music Foundation. The campaign will run from March 1 to April 16.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son