Video: Nick Jonas Helps Saving Music Education in Schools
Nick Jonas delivers message in a PSA for Battle of the Bands music campaign, explaining why music matters for students. The Jonas Brothers' drummer/backing vocalist encourages people to help saving music education as school budgets are being slashed nationwide.
"Music inspires creativity and keeps kids in school," the 17-year-old musician said in the video. "But there are thousands of students who do not have access to the benefits of music education. Don't let our music be silenced."
In addition to raising awareness for music education, Nick Jonas also invites teenagers to create and submit a video of their garage band, glee club, freestyle, orchestra, or any other musical performance. The winners will be selected by a panel of expert and celebrity judges and flown to NYC to perform in front of music execs at Apollo Theater.
This effort is a partnership between DoSomething.org and the VH1 Save The Music Foundation. The campaign will run from March 1 to April 16.
More Nick Jonas News
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video