Video: Nick Jonas Helps Saving Music Education in Schools
Nick Jonas delivers message in a PSA for Battle of the Bands music campaign, explaining why music matters for students. The Jonas Brothers' drummer/backing vocalist encourages people to help saving music education as school budgets are being slashed nationwide.
"Music inspires creativity and keeps kids in school," the 17-year-old musician said in the video. "But there are thousands of students who do not have access to the benefits of music education. Don't let our music be silenced."
In addition to raising awareness for music education, Nick Jonas also invites teenagers to create and submit a video of their garage band, glee club, freestyle, orchestra, or any other musical performance. The winners will be selected by a panel of expert and celebrity judges and flown to NYC to perform in front of music execs at Apollo Theater.
This effort is a partnership between DoSomething.org and the VH1 Save The Music Foundation. The campaign will run from March 1 to April 16.
More Nick Jonas News
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip