Video: Nick Jonas Helps Saving Music Education in Schools
Nick Jonas delivers message in a PSA for Battle of the Bands music campaign, explaining why music matters for students. The Jonas Brothers' drummer/backing vocalist encourages people to help saving music education as school budgets are being slashed nationwide.
"Music inspires creativity and keeps kids in school," the 17-year-old musician said in the video. "But there are thousands of students who do not have access to the benefits of music education. Don't let our music be silenced."
In addition to raising awareness for music education, Nick Jonas also invites teenagers to create and submit a video of their garage band, glee club, freestyle, orchestra, or any other musical performance. The winners will be selected by a panel of expert and celebrity judges and flown to NYC to perform in front of music execs at Apollo Theater.
This effort is a partnership between DoSomething.org and the VH1 Save The Music Foundation. The campaign will run from March 1 to April 16.
More Nick Jonas News
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper