Video: Nick Jonas Helps Saving Music Education in Schools
Nick Jonas delivers message in a PSA for Battle of the Bands music campaign, explaining why music matters for students. The Jonas Brothers' drummer/backing vocalist encourages people to help saving music education as school budgets are being slashed nationwide.
"Music inspires creativity and keeps kids in school," the 17-year-old musician said in the video. "But there are thousands of students who do not have access to the benefits of music education. Don't let our music be silenced."
In addition to raising awareness for music education, Nick Jonas also invites teenagers to create and submit a video of their garage band, glee club, freestyle, orchestra, or any other musical performance. The winners will be selected by a panel of expert and celebrity judges and flown to NYC to perform in front of music execs at Apollo Theater.
This effort is a partnership between DoSomething.org and the VH1 Save The Music Foundation. The campaign will run from March 1 to April 16.
More Nick Jonas News
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary