Kid Cudi to Give Up Music After Four or Five Albums
After clarifying his retirement statement last year, Kid Cudi still insisted that music is not what he wants to do for a living. The rapper recently told Vultura he would back out of making music after releasing four or five albums and focus on acting.
"I'm trying to evenly balance them out right now, but eventually I want to leave behind music and just do acting," he said. "I only got into the music business to tell my story and inspire some people. I think four albums will do it, and when I'm done with my four, five albums, I'll switch it up. Once the story is told [musically], there's nothing else to say."
When declaring his retirement plan in March 2009, Cudi reasoned he couldn't stand the drama in music industry. "The drama that comes with it is more overwhelming than I was dealing with when I was piss-poor broke," he said at that time.
Kid Cudi makes his acting debut on HBO's series "How to Make It in America" which will be debuted on the small screen this coming Valentine's Day. "It's directed by Julian Farino, who also did 'Sex and the City', several episodes of that and 'The Sopranos', and 'Entourage'. I have a lead role. My character's name is Domingo Dean. I actually named my character after both of my brothers - Dean, who lives in Phoenix, being one of them, and Domingo," he said as quoted by StarPulse.
"It has no reference to my music. It was important to me early on to branch away from music and actually do something outside my comfort zone. When we were developing my character with the writers, I was telling them, 'Man, I don't want to be anything that has to do with music,' just because that's not really acting."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie