'Mr and Mrs Smith' Replaced by 'Mr. and Mrs. Jones' for Spin Off
The 20th Century Fox has found new pair to be teamed up for their new film. According to New York Magazine's Vulture, Regency Enterprises, the mini-studio-within-a-studio at Fox, is developing "a quasi-prequel" to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie-starring movie "Mr and Mrs Smith", which will be entitled "Mr. and Mrs. Jones".
Though the site called the upcoming movie a reboot, it appears that "Mr. and Mrs. Jones" is some sort of a spin off because it does not feature the same characters from the 2005 hit film and the stories will also be different. Thus, Pitt and Jolie are not expected to play the couple in the "Jones" film.
"Mr. and Mrs. Jones" is said to "serve as an origin story about a similar but differently named couple, showing how a pair of twenty something spies are set up as a fake married couple when they graduate agency training." No cast have been announced for the movie, but Akiva Goldsman who previously worked on "Hancock" and "I Am Legend" is attached to produce the upcoming action thriller.
"Mr and Mrs Smith" itself centers its story on a bored married couple, Brad Pitt's John and Angelina Jolie's Jane Smith, who discover that they are enemy assassins. Released in U.S. theaters on June 10, 2005, the film has since grossed approximately $478.3 million worldwide.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory