'Mr and Mrs Smith' Replaced by 'Mr. and Mrs. Jones' for Spin Off
The 20th Century Fox has found new pair to be teamed up for their new film. According to New York Magazine's Vulture, Regency Enterprises, the mini-studio-within-a-studio at Fox, is developing "a quasi-prequel" to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie-starring movie "Mr and Mrs Smith", which will be entitled "Mr. and Mrs. Jones".
Though the site called the upcoming movie a reboot, it appears that "Mr. and Mrs. Jones" is some sort of a spin off because it does not feature the same characters from the 2005 hit film and the stories will also be different. Thus, Pitt and Jolie are not expected to play the couple in the "Jones" film.
"Mr. and Mrs. Jones" is said to "serve as an origin story about a similar but differently named couple, showing how a pair of twenty something spies are set up as a fake married couple when they graduate agency training." No cast have been announced for the movie, but Akiva Goldsman who previously worked on "Hancock" and "I Am Legend" is attached to produce the upcoming action thriller.
"Mr and Mrs Smith" itself centers its story on a bored married couple, Brad Pitt's John and Angelina Jolie's Jane Smith, who discover that they are enemy assassins. Released in U.S. theaters on June 10, 2005, the film has since grossed approximately $478.3 million worldwide.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris