Rihanna to Bring Jamaican Dance Hall to 'Rude Boy' Music Video
Rihanna recently opened up what's to come for her forthcoming music video which is aimed to support single "Rude Boy". While people speculated that it would be similar to her other raunchy videos for the previous "Rated R" singles, the Barbadian songstress herself assured fans it will be different.
"[It's] completely different from any other video I've shot before," she told Carson Daly on his Amp Radio show. "A lot of my videos are really dark and edgy and tough. 'Rude Boy' is more playing along the lines from my roots."
"We used a lot of color, but also the costumes were very Jamaican dance-hall queen type," she added. The video is directed by Melina Matsoukas and reportedly will be premiered in early February.
More Rihanna News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video