Carrie Underwood, Usher to Remember Michael Jackson at 2010 Grammys
The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards on January 31 will have Michael Jackson remembered through an all-star performance. Grammy-winning artists Carrie Underwood, Usher, Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson and Smokey Robinson will team up together for the tribute show.
Their performance will feature Michael's vocal on hit single "Earth Song". Also, a never-before-seen 3-D mini movie created by the late King of Pop for his This Is It concert series will be displayed on the big screen. "It was one of the most important portions of the concert tour to Michael and when Michael saw the film for the first time at his last rehearsal, there were tears in his eyes," Grammy Co-Executive Producer and longtime Jackson associate Ken Ehrlich commented on the film.
"This very special Grammy moment will feature some of our most respected Grammy recipients, all of whom have a great love for Michael," added Neil Portnow, President / CEO of The Recording Academy. "This segment promises to be an emotional highlight of this year's show, and is sure to join the unique list of amazing performances for which the Grammy Awards have become renowned."
This marks the very first time an awards show is broadcast in 3-D. So that viewers can enjoy this unique 3-D TV experience at home, CBS and Target have partnered to provide millions of free 3-D Grammys glasses, beginning January 24 to 31. Additionally, the audience at Staples Center will share the 3-D experience, wearing the same glasses as those being worn by viewers at home.
The Michael Jackson's tribute line-up join previously-confirmed performers, including Lady GaGa, Pink, Taylor Swift, Dave Matthews Band, Zac Brown Band, Green Day, Black Eyed Peas, Lady Antebellum, Beyonce Knowles, Maxwell and Bon Jovi.
As for presenters, the organizers have booked the likes of Jonas Brothers, Ke$ha, Norah Jones, LL Cool J, Carlos Santana, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Kristen Bell, Josh Duhamel, Ricky Martin and Jeff Bridges.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage